AOL is an online service provider company that has over 2 million users. AOL has an auto-fill option for users who sign in for the first time. The auto-fill enables you to quickly log in as you do not have to key in your password every time you want o access your account. You may happen to be one of the users who do not save their AOL passwords on the browsers they use. Logging in can take a lot of time if you forget your password, and happen to be among those who do not save their passwords on the browsers they use. This is what you should do to recover your account in case you lose your AOL password.
• Log into your AOL mail page and click 'Sign in.'
• Click on 'I forgot my password.
• Key in your username and click 'Next.'
• Type in the phone number you use for your account. This is the number you entered when you first created your AOL account.
There are other options given when you are on this step. You can click the suitable button for further instructions.
• Tap on the button written 'Next.'
• AOL needs to verify that you are the real owner of the account at this point. A verification text will be sent to your SMS inbox.
Tap on the 'Yes, text me a verification code' for this to happen. Alternatively, you can request a phone call for the verification code.
• Key in the verification code you have received on the space written 'Enter Code' and click 'Verify.'
• The final step requires you to key in your new strong password. Click save and continue to your account.
AOL gives the user another option where you can reset your password via your email.
• To do this, first, click on 'Try another verification option' and go to 'Email a reset link to my recovery email address.'
• Click on 'Next.' This action will prompt the AOL system to send an email to the address you gave as an alternative when you first created the AOL Mail.
• Click close and move to the next step, which is opening your alternative email and checking the reset message sent by AOL.
Look for a message with the subject' Request to reset your password."
• Tap on the 'Reset Password' button given or the link provided.
• Key in your new password on the redirected page and click 'Save.
The third option you can use to recover your account involves the security question you selected when you signed up for the AOL account. This method is simple and can be done in just four steps.
• Select 'Answer security question.'
• Key in answer to your security question
• Tap on 'Next.'
• Ensure that you have given the correct answer and key in your new password on the space provided and click 'Next 'to complete the process.
Due to the safety and security of users, AOL advises all users to not click on any email sent to their inboxes requesting them to change their passwords. Such emails often come from hackers and malicious parties. Key in the address of the website on your browser and go to your account if you receive such a request. You will know whether the request is authentic or not when you are there.
Users are urged to keep their AOL passwords strong and secure by avoiding simple passwords like 'abcd1234' '00000' or their names. Use long passwords and mix up letters, numbers, and special characters to have a strong password. Avoid using personal information like birthdays and anniversaries when setting passwords.
After thousands of AOL customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How do I recover my AOL account? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting AOL if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like AOL in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How do I recover my AOL account? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.