AT&T U-Verse makes it easy for you to manage your packages. You can downgrade your AT& T U-Verse plan whenever you choose. The AT&T app makes it possible to manage your account on the go.
Changing Your Service
1. Find the option 'Account overview'
2. Choose the account you wish to change if you have multiple accounts
3. Click 'Change or Manage my plan'
4. You may view and downgrade your package
5. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process
Note that certain plans may not be available in your area.
Transferring Billing Responsibility
AT&T U-Verse allows you to transfer your billing responsibility to someone else. This may be a good option if your desire to downgrade is caused by financial reasons. You may contact the customer support team and ask for help. To transfer responsibility, you should keep the following in mind;
1. The status of your account must be current with no past-due balance
2. You don't need to separate services if you have combined billing
3. You can contact the support team and ask to re-combine the accounts
Follow these steps to complete the process;
1. Find the option 'Transfer Billing Responsibility'
2. Enter the account information and check to ensure that it is correct
3. Create a PIN
4. The person assuming responsibility will need it in addition to your ZIP code and account number
5. Follow the prompts that follow to complete the process.
Canceling Your Service
You may cancel your service if you don't need it anymore. Contact AT&T U Verse and ask to complete the cancellation process. If you have equipment that you wish to return, the support agents will advise you accordingly.
If you choose to cancel your service, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind. Some of them include the following;
1. If you joined through a program, it is wise to wait until your service commitment ends. Otherwise, you may have to pay extra fees or penalties
2. You can't cancel your email account immediately after cancelation. You have to wait 30 to 60 days
3. If you cancel on a holiday or weekend, your request will be completed on the next business day or the weekend operation hours
Contacting the Support Team
You may contact the support team and ask for help downgrading your service. They may ask about your account details to get you the help you need.
You may contact the customer service team for help with any other issues. The best way to contact AT&T U-Verse is on the phone. You will be connected with a support agent. You may have to call a few times before getting the help you need. Live chat is another option to speak with an agent. It is the best alternative to phone support.
Consider seeking support on email if you don't need to speak with an agent. The option lets you have records of your communication with the support agents. You can refer to them whenever you wish. You may seek support on Facebook/Messenger if you don't mind seeking help on a public platform. The support agents may direct you to continue communications on the phone or email.
The AT&T U-Verse help desk has plenty of issue-specific topics and tips that may address your concerns. Refer to it before contacting the support team directly for help.
After thousands of AT&T U-Verse customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Downgrade My At&t U-Verse Package? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting AT&T U-Verse if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like AT&T U-Verse in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Downgrade My At&t U-Verse Package? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.