How Do I Merge Multiple Accounts at At&t?
AT&T is a powerhouse when it comes to the types of wireless and phone service it offers, but it won't take an act of Congress to merge accounts if you happen to have more than one. You will need to have the user IDs and corresponding passwords for each account and then log into the account you're going to merge them under.
AT&T has a rich history, tracing its roots back to its founding in 1877 by Alexander Graham Bell. Now, it's the largest provider of both mobile and fixed telephone services, they also provide mobile internet services. With so many types of services, it's possible that one person has multiple accounts with AT&T with multiple user IDs. Did you know you can combine multiple accounts into one log in for everything? Read on to find out how.
- You would need the user ID and password for all the accounts you wish to combine.
- Combining accounts like this does not bundle your services nor put them on one bill, it merely merges them where you can access them all with one user ID and password.
- If you enter a wireless security passcode at MyAT&T, you will be asked for the same passcode for AT&T TV NOW if it's one of the accounts you're merging with your wireless.
- AT&T allows you to merge the following types of accounts under one ID you already have. a. Wireless, DIRECTV, AT&T TVSM, U-verse®TV, AT&T Internet, Fixed Wireless Internet, DSL, AT&T Phone, Landline - home phone, and AT&T Mail
Merging the Accounts
- Go to att.com and enter the ID and password for the account you want to keep and merge your remaining accounts under.
- Next, click on the My Linked Accounts. Please note, it may be a tab or a link located in your dashboard.
- Choose Link Another Account and you will be shown a few options depending on what AT&T already has.
- For example, click on Start Here if you don't see any other accounts.
- If you see some account IDs but none are what you'd like to link, then click on Search for it Now and then Start Here.
- If you do see the accounts you want merged with your main log in, then click or select Combine These IDs and click Continue.
- You may be asked to verify the ID you want to keep, that's okay. Just follow the prompts and you'll have all your accounts under one user ID and password.
- You always have the option of calling AT&T if you have issues. Wireless Account Support can be reached Mondays through Fridays from 7 A.M. until 9 P.M. CT and 8 A.M until 9 P.M on weekends. You can reach Internet and TV Technical support at 1-800-288-2020 24/7.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Merge Multiple Accounts at At&t?"?
After thousands of AT&T customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Merge Multiple Accounts at At&t? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting AT&T if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for AT&T Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like AT&T in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Merge Multiple Accounts at At&t? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Asked a year ago
Updated 10 months ago
Viewed 129,028 times
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
Tv and internet pay arrangements
No internet connection power button on box green study Wi-Fi flashing green Broadband...
No cell reception at my primary address of***** Cambridge Road*Cameron Park, CA...
I received an invoice for an old account.
I am missing my TV remote and wonder how to get a new one ASAP ?
Paying Too Much for TV?
After helping consumers for 10 years, we realized that you need an impartial, live person you can talk to about comparing the various TV, cable, Internet and phone plans in your area- somebody who can compare the best deals across telecom providers. So we created a free concierge service you can call at the phone number below.Call Anytime: 888-379-2546Our concierge is unaffiliated and therefore able to compare deals across many companies