What Questions Should I Ask At&t When Shopping for an Internet Provider?
This article lists important questions to ask AT&T customer service when shopping for internet services. It outlines things you can discuss with customer service to avoid surprises or issues down the road. The article also provides two links to reach AT&T customer support and service.
What Questions Should I Ask AT&T When Shopping for an Internet Provider?
Shopping for internet doesn't have to be stressful. Knowing what questions to ask customer service and support can help make your internet shopping easy. AT&T is rapidly rising to the top of the nation's internet providers. If you are shopping for AT&T internet services, you can reach a customer service representative here, and below are a number of questions you can ask to make sure you're getting the best internet for your home or business.
What to Ask AT&T Customer Support
- First, you want to make sure AT&T is a service provider for your zip code.
- Ask what delivery method AT&T uses to provided connection (if it is DSL, cable or fiber optic). The service delivery method is a key factor in speed and reliability, with DSL being the slowest and fiber optics being the quickest and most stable and reliable.
- What service plans are offered by AT&T?
- Discuss with the representative how you plan to use internet in your home or business. Gaming and streaming require more speed and data than simple emails. The representative can talk to you about the various plans AT&T offers and how they can meet your specific needs.
- Is that at data cap for AT&T internet? If so, what, if any, penalties are there for going over the data cap? Does the internet speed slow down from high speed to low speed data if the cap has been exceeded?
- What introductory or promotional deals does AT&T offer new customers? When will the rates increase and by how much?
- What internet speed guarantees can AT&T offer? Will there be a noticeable difference between the advertised speed and the actual speed? Will you be compensated for internet speeds slower than what you are paying for?
- Does AT&T charge equipment, installation and activation fees? Can those fees be waived or reduced?
- Can you use your own modems and routers or do you have to use AT&T equipment? What are the advantages and disadvantages of using your own equipment?
- Does AT&T bundle services? If so, what are the bundle deals and how will they impact your overall monthly fees?
- Will you be required to sign a contract? What are the usual contract lengths and terms? What is the process for early termination if you do have a contract?
- Does AT&T have their own technicians for installation or is that contracted out to independent contractors? Independent contracts may use equipment that isn't as current as AT&T technicians, so the internet may not work as efficiently as it would with an AT&T tech.
Asking these questions can help you avoid surprises down the road when you have AT&T internet installed in your home or business. Contact them today by clicking here and get your internet installation scheduled.
Why Did GetHuman Write "What Questions Should I Ask At&t When Shopping for an Internet Provider?"?
After thousands of AT&T customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together What Questions Should I Ask At&t When Shopping for an Internet Provider? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting AT&T if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for AT&T Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like AT&T in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our What Questions Should I Ask At&t When Shopping for an Internet Provider? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Asked a month ago
Updated a month ago
Viewed 78,565 times
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
My bill for cable and internet increased $**.**. I really would like to speak to someon...
Someone has confiscated my phone, I dont want to get the law involved, I would like to...
My bill ha unexpectedly increased and I would like to lower it
I would like to port out a number from the AT&T network a landline number
I am upset AT&T donated money to support the anti woman Texas abortion bill. *It’s anti women
Paying Too Much for Cable?
After helping consumers for 10 years, we realized that you need an impartial, live person you can talk to about comparing the various TV, cable, Internet and phone plans in your area- somebody who can compare the best deals across telecom providers. So we created a free concierge service you can call at the phone number below.Call Toll-Free: 888-379-2546Our service is unaffiliated and thus can compare plans across many providers