Canceling your reservation on AirAsia is simple. You can complete the process in a few simple steps. When you make a reservation, you will receive a booking number and your seat booking is confirmed. It is impossible to cancel your booking or get a refund after your seat is confirmed.
You don't get a refund if you miss your flight because of personal reasons. According to AirAsia's terms and conditions, you do not get a refund once your reservation is made.
If your flight is canceled due to issues such as inclement weather, you have two options;
1. You may choose to catch an alternative flight which AirAsia will arrange or catch the next flight to your destination
2. You may ask to save your fare amount as credit. AirAsia allows you to use it anytime within three months after cancellation.
How to Know Your Payment Went Through
Once your booking is confirmed and your payment goes through, you should receive an itinerary page with a booking number. It should have a 'Confirmed' status. If you have not received a confirmed itinerary in your email, your payment may not have gone through.
Managing Your Booking
You do not need to cancel your reservation if you want to make a few changes to your subscription. On the 'Manage My Bookings' section, you can change the following;
1. Your flight time and dates
2. Your seats
3. You can add infants
4. You may request wheelchair service
5. You may purchase travel insurance
6. Resend itinerary
7. Pre-book checked meals and baggage
AirAsia allows you to make a name change up to six hours before the scheduled departure time for your flight. You may contact AirAsia on the phone or visit any of their Sales Offices.
You must have proof of identity for both the original and substitute guest. This option comes in handy if you know someone else that could benefit from your reservation. Note that the name change is subject to a fee and it may not be available for certain fare classes.
If there is a spelling error in your booking, you may change it by logging in to the 'Manage My Booking' section. You may amend your name details or phone number. Another option to correct spelling errors is by contacting the AirAsia Call Agent. Explain what you would like to change and the AirAsia agents will help you. When correcting spelling errors, double-check to make sure that you are entering the correct details.
There is no need to amend the sequence of the names. Just make sure that the names are the same as what is provided in your travel document.
Changing Your Flight Date or Time
AirAsia allows you to change your flight up to 48 hours before the scheduled time of departure. Your flight change is subject to the following conditions;
1. If your new flight is in a lower fare class than that of the canceled flight, you will not get a refund for the difference
2. The change has not been confirmed until it is reflected in your booking itinerary
3. If your new flight is in a higher fare class than what you originally booked, you will pay the difference in fare before the cancellation or change is made.
4. You are not allowed to make route changes
If you need help with your AirAsia reservation, you may get it from the customer support team. The best way to contact AirAsia is on the phone. When you are connected with the customer agents, explain the problem you are experiencing and the type of help you hope to receive.