The process of activating your Airtel account is simple and it only takes a few minutes. It does not matter whether you are trying to activate a new SIM card or an old one. When you visit an Airtel shop, you can complete the activation process in a few minutes. If someone else purchased the SIM card you want to activate, you should contact the customer support team for help. They will let you know if it is possible to activate your account.
If you want to check your activation date, you may visit any Airtel Store and ask for it. You must prove to them that you are the owner of the connection. You can do that by providing the relevant proof that associates you with the account.
Activating Your Airtel SIM Which Has Been Ported
1. Remove your SIM card from its pack and insert it into your handset.
2. Switch your handset on
3. Enter your pin as instructed
4. Dial *123# to activate
5. If the activation is successful, your handset will display 'Airtel' on the screen.
Activating Your Prepaid Account
When activating your Airtel account, you may earn some free airtime. The pack comes with instructions. If you follow them, you can activate your free airtime. From then, you can top up using an Airtel top-up card. You may use virtual recharge of any denomination. Airtel subscribers can enjoy;
1. Total cost control
2. International Direct Dialing facility
3. Fast connectivity
4. Ability to send messages to all parts of the world
5. Ability to inquire about account validity and balance
6. A range of tariff options
Your SIM card comes with a deactivated PIN feature so it is ready to use immediately. If you wish, you can activate the feature by following these steps.
1. Your SIM pin is a secret number with four digits. All Airtel SIM cards come with a default pin number that you should change
2. Change the default pin to a different pin of your choice. Enter your default pin and then your new pin. Use a pin number that is secure yet easy to remember.
Activating Your Blocked Pin
If you enter the wrong pin three times in succession, your SIM card may be blocked. You can unblock your SIM card by following these steps.
1. Find the PUK on your SIM
2. Type **05PUK* your new pin*new pin# enter
If you are unable to activate your blocked pin, you may contact the customer support team for help.
If you have not used your number for a long time, it may be deactivated after some time. Airtel may choose to give it to someone else. You can test it out by calling the number. If you find that your number is still active, it is possible to activate it. Reach out to your local Airtel retailer for help. They may help you activate it. The retailer may ask you to submit documents that prove you are the owner of the SIM card. If your number has already been assigned to someone else, there is nothing they can do about it.
The best way to get help with your Airtel SIM card is by contacting the customer support team. There are plenty of ways to contact Airtel but the most popular one is by phone. You can get support for your Airtel problems 24/7. You may also contact them through live chat, email or social media platforms.
Airtel has a large informative community that makes it easy to find solutions for your problems. Interacting with other Airtel users may help you identify the cause of your problems and the best possible solutions.