Amazon is among the most convenient sites for online shopping. Purchasing products is made easy by just a click. You may buy a product and feel the need to cancel the purchase later. Amazon makes this easy and can be done by just a few steps. It is important to remember that the only purchases that can be modified are those that are yet to be dispatched. Use the following guide to cancel your order with Amazon UK.
• Log into your account and go to 'Your Orders.'
• Tap on the button written 'Cancel Items'
• Mark every product you want to cancel by ticking the checkbox beside the items. You can also cancel the entire order by selecting everything on the page.
• Tap on the 'Cancel Checked Items' after you are done.
• Amazon will send a confirmation message to your email once you are through with the process.
• Visit your Amazon account to double-check that you have successfully canceled every order.
Orders that are sold by a market place seller can only be changed within thirty minutes. You are, however, allowed to make a request asking for cancellation by tapping on the 'Contact Seller' button. Locate the drop-down menu which has the 'Cancellation Request' link.
The 'Contact Seller' option is not available for orders that have entered the dispatch process. You are nonetheless free to cancel products which are in this stage fourteen days after you receive the products.
Orders that are directly dispatched from Amazon cannot be changed. You can refuse to take the products initially purchased or return it when delivered. Amazon.co.uk has a Returns Support Centre for customers who want to do this. Contact the seller for more information if the purchase that was dispatched directly from a seller cannot be changed.
Third-party sellers can be contacted prior and after placing an order.
• Go to 'Your account' button found on the right side of the page.
• Locate the 'Your Orders' option right below.
• Scroll down and look for the order.
• Click on 'Problem With Order Button.'
• You will be redirected to a page that displays various issues with orders i.e., damaged or defective item or request for a refund. There is an area where you can write your comment.
Sellers often reply within forty-eight hours.
• Look for the Product Detail Page and tap on the name of the seller.
• Go to the next page and move your mouse to the top right side. You will see the 'Ask a Question' button.
• Spot the contact form which you are required to fill.
• Amazon has a Seller Communication Center through which your message to the seller will be conveyed.
• Wait for your response, which will come within forty-eight hours.
• Click on the 'Your Orders' button.
• Navigate the page to find your order and click on the 'Invoice' button. You will locate it on the right side of the page.
• Find the drop-down menu and click on 'Request invoice.'
• Wait for an email from the seller within two business days.
EU customers can cancel purchases whenever they want. Cancellation of products should be made within fourteen days after purchase. This rule applies to every item apart from digital products. This includes digital music, video games, audio, DVD, sex and sensuality items and software products that have been unsealed. Print out a custom made return label for the products you initially purchased, citing a simple reason like 'I changed my mind about buying this item.'
Amazon.co.uk does not take back returns that are delivered by hand. Customers are encouraged to use a recorded delivery service. The customer covers the return costs unless Amazon damaged the item, sent a defective product, or made an error during the delivery.
After thousands of Amazon UK customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How do I cancel an order with Amazon UK? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Amazon UK if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Amazon UK in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How do I cancel an order with Amazon UK? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.