Can I Contact the Seller Before My Order Is Placed on Amazon?
Amazon is a giant online retailer that ships to 65 countries. If you have a question about an item that you would like to order, you can ask the seller or a previous customer that has used the product. You can find the option to contact a third-party seller under the 'Add to Cart' and 'Buy Now' buttons. If previous buyers do not answer your question, you can be the first to post the question.
Amazon is a large online retailer that is a household name for over 65 countries around the world. With over 12 million products to choose from, Amazon is a one-stop-shop for all of your needs. When looking for a specific item, you may have a question you would like to ask before making the purchase. In this guide, you will learn how to contact a seller on Amazon about any questions you may have before ordering the item.
Contacting a Third-Party Seller
When you have a question about an item, you have two options that may come up in terms of who is selling it. You will have a third-party seller who is fulfilling their items from an Amazon warehouse but is not produced or sold by Amazon. The other method is an item that is packaged and shipped from an Amazon warehouse with an item that is sold by Amazon.
To contact a third-party seller:
- Go on the product page of the item you have a question about on Amazon.com
- Under the Add to Cart and Buy Now buttons, you will see an option that says, 'Sold by ____ and Fulfilled by Amazon.'
- Click the name of the brand that the product is sold by.
- A box on this page will say, 'Have a question for____?' and a yellow button with 'Ask a Question.'
- Click the yellow button that says Ask a Question
- You will be asked if this is about an item for sale or an order you have already placed
- Check on the dot that says that this question is pertaining towards an item for sale
- Choose a subject category that your question is related to, and this will transfer your question to the most qualified person to answer it.
Once you have followed these steps, you have successfully sent the question about the product to the brand. You will receive a response to the email that is associated with your Amazon account.
Contacting Amazon about an Order
Some items are sold and fulfilled by Amazon. In this case, you will not be able to ask questions to Amazon support, but the original manufacturer of the product. You may also check out the frequently asked questions for the product that is in the description. These questions have already been asked by previous customers of the product and may answer your question quickly.
How to find the frequently asked questions:
- Go on the product's page that you have a question about
- Scroll down until you see 'Custom questions and answers'
- In the search bar, type the question you have about the product that might have been asked already.
- If you don't see an answer to your question, scroll down and click the button labeled 'Don't see the answer you're looking for?'
- Write and post the question you have about the item, a previous customer, or the manufacturer will answer the question.
Why Did GetHuman Write "Can I Contact the Seller Before My Order Is Placed on Amazon?"?
After thousands of Amazon customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together Can I Contact the Seller Before My Order Is Placed on Amazon? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Amazon if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Amazon Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Amazon in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our Can I Contact the Seller Before My Order Is Placed on Amazon? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Asked 3 months ago
Updated 24 days ago
Viewed 204,521 times
How to contact an Amazon seller before placing an order
How to contact a seller on Amazon
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
can u please either refund my money or sent the items i have ordered on ********** i th...
My item qualified for free shipping ,yet I was charged for shipping. Please remove the...
I ORDERED *- * packs of low salt V* juice order ****-*******-******* ... I received one...
My item qualified for free shipping , yet, I was charged for shipping
package just showed I requested a refund how do I stop the refund