It can be frustrating when you are expecting a package to arrive on a certain day and that day ends up passing without the package making it to your doorstep. It is even more frustrating when the package is marked as "delivered" but it still does not show up. You need to know how to react in that kind of situation.
Search for the Package or Any Clue as to Where It Is
Before you can get too concerned about a missing package, you need to search the area where your packages are left most often. Make sure that you didn't miss the package while you checked out there earlier. Check the area for a delivery slip or any other clue that might help you know what is going on. Check any other doors to your home where the delivery person may have left your package.
Wait it Out
If you cannot find your package anywhere even after it has been marked as "delivered", you need to be patient and wait things out. It is suggested that you give the situation 36 hours before you attempt to do anything about the missing package, as there are times when packages are marked as "delivered" before they are actually delivered. It can be scary to sit back and wait without knowing what is going on, but that is what you have to do.
Chat with Amazon Customer Service
If your package has not shown up after 36 hours, it is time for you to get in touch with the customer service team at Amazon. These individuals should be able to offer you some assistance and either check on your package for you or let you know what your next step should be.
1. Log on to the Amazon website and scroll all of the way down to the bottom of the page.
2. Click on the "Help" button
3. Scroll down on the "Help" menu and select "Need More Help?"
4. Click the "Contact Us" button
5. Choose between having an Amazon representative call you so that you can talk with them on the phone or starting a chat with a representative right away.
6. Make sure that you have your order number ready as you start to discuss things with the Amazon team.
You can figure out what is going on with a missing package, it will simply take a bit of work for you to reach out and get in touch with someone who might be able to help you.