How do I recover my Amazon account?
Sometimes you get locked out of your Amazon account or need help recovering it. Let us help you get back into with these easy steps.
It is common for one to forget the password of an account. The average internet user has at least seven social media and other online accounts. Having many accounts means using more than one password. You perhaps have unique passwords for every account you own, as it is safe to have different passwords. Amazon is probably one of those active accounts you have. Many online shoppers prefer Amazon because of how convenient the website is. You can easily navigate through the site and order for the product you want. What happens if you try to log into your Amazon account but cannot gain access? The following guidelines will help you recover your Amazon account if you happen to lose your password
- Click on the 'Forgot Your Password' link on the site. The link appears right next to the text written 'Password.'
- Once you are on the new page, key in your Email or mobile phone number on the space provided and click the button written 'Continue'. You may have changed your email address or cell phone number since you opened your account. Do not fret, Contact Amazon customer service through the link https://gethuman.com/phone-number/Amazon for assistance.
- Choose the mode by which you want to have your password changed. The options given are 'set a new password' and 'sign in with a temporary code. Skip resetting your password'. Select either and click on the 'continue' button'.
- A code will be sent to your Email if you keyed in your Email in step two. Go through your spam messages if you do not see anything in your inbox. Check your SMS message if you keyed in your mobile phone number.
- Copy the code sent to you by Amazon as instructed in your Email. This code is sent to ensure that Amazon is contacting the legitimate owner of the account.
- The next step requires you to enter the name you use for your account. This step is part of the security question.
- The final step involves creating a new password. Key in your new password and confirm. It is essential for the password you create to be strong. Weak passwords will make your account vulnerable and give malicious parties easy access. The following tips will help you create a strong password.
How to Create a Strong Password
- Do not use a single password on all your accounts as it puts all your accounts at risk. Try and be creative with the passwords you use. Use a password manager if you have a problem remembering all the passwords you use. There is a variety of valid password managers online.
- Use eight or more characters in your password. Amazon allows a maximum of one hundred and twenty-eight characters for passwords. Mix up special characters, numbers, caps and small letters in your passwords. 'cG#T10l&hL' is an example of a strong password.
- Avoid using simple words and numbers as passwords. 'staircase', 'tablet', '12345678', abcdefgh' 'abcd1234' 'password' and 'Amazon' are examples of simple passwords, which are easy to guess. Do not use your name as a password either.
- Use new passwords. Do not repeat an old password because it is easy for you to remember. Look for an original password that you have never used before. Do not use the same password you use for the email account you use to log into your Amazon account.
- Passwords should be confidential. Do not go on sharing your password with parties you do not trust. Keep your account safe and secure from mischievous individuals. With the new password, you are now able to log in and shop.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How do I recover my Amazon account?"?
After thousands of Amazon customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How do I recover my Amazon account? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Amazon if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Amazon Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Amazon in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How do I recover my Amazon account? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Asked a year ago
Viewed 498,610 times
Amazon Recover Account
Setup Your New Home Easily
Call now and talk to a real person in seconds who can tell you the best deals from each telecom company if your new home area. We find the best deal for you and then we manage the scheduling so that all your technicians show up on the same day. Easy and free!Talk to Us Now: 888-959-6783
Our concierge is unaffiliated and therefore able to compare deals (and schedule) across many companies