You should always check the status of your flight before heading to the airport. It does not matter whether you booked your ticket on the phone or online. You should be able to look up and modify the details of your flight.
If you wish to know the status of your flight with American Airlines, you can do it by following some simple steps. On the website, navigate to the home page and select 'Flight Status.' You may also do it check the status of your flight on tracking sites.
Using the Flight Status Tool
The flight status tool on the website is one of the easiest ways to check your flight status. All you need to do is enter your arrival and departure airports, flight number, and departure date.
When you press 'search,' you will be directed to a page that shows your flight's actual and estimated arrival and departure times, gate numbers, and terminals. If you select the option 'Create Notification,' you will receive more updates and changes that may be made to your flight. You may receive the notification by email, text, or voice mail.
Find the Code Record Locator
If you purchased your ticket online, you can find a six-digit code record locator in your confirmation message. You may also find the code locator at the front of your physical ticket or boarding pass. The code may be referred to as a 'Confirmation code' or 'Record locator.'
If you booked your flight from a travel agent, you can check the status of your flight on American Airlines' website. You can get into the website on your computer, phone, or tablet. Follow these steps to check the status of your flight on the website;
1. Click on the tab 'Your trips/check in tabs.' You can find it between the tabs 'Flight status' and 'Book flights.'
2. If you want to check your estimated time of arrival or departure, click 'Flight status.' Enter details of your flight and click 'Find flight.'
3. Enter your passenger name and the six-digit code. You may not find details of your flight if you do not enter your passenger name exactly as it is.
4. Tap on the button 'Find your trip.' It will display all the information about your flight. This includes your seating arrangements, upgrades, flight number, and arrival/departure times.
5. When prompted, sign in to your American Airlines account. If you don't have an existing account, you may create a new one.
6. If you want to modify your reservation, click on the option 'Change trip.' You may be able to change your seating, timing preference, and meal.
7. You may contact the customer support team if you need help changing the details of your trip.
8. If you would like to check in for your flight, follow the instructions that appear on the screen. You can check in for your flight up to 24 hours in advance.
If you need help with your American Airlines flight, you may seek help from the customer support team. If you wish to speak directly with a representative, the best way to contact them is on the phone. You will be connected with a representative who may help you check your flight status.
If you do not need help urgently, you may contact them on Twitter or Facebook. A representative will respond with details to help you. Sometimes, they may ask you to speak with them on the phone.
The help desk is one of the best places to seek help with your American Airlines problems. You should seek help there before contacting the support team.