Shopping can either be a big hassle or an adventure depending on what motivates you. Black Friday is normally reserved for in-store sales only but some retailers offer online deals as a Cyber Black Friday in order to compete with Cyber Monday and to increase the likelihood of high sales. Apple is one such retailer that might offer some deals on Black Friday but please keep in mind that making such deals available online too is up to the retailer. Read on to find out how to make your purchase depending on how Apple launches its Black Friday sales.
In-Store Black Friday Only
First, set up an account and enroll in the email alerts.
1. Go to https://www.apple.com/shop and click on the Account icon located on the right side of the screen.
2. You should see a drop-down window with options, click on Account.
3. Click on Sign in or click on the Create an Apple ID option, located below the sign-in field.
4. For new accounts, fill out the fields, and be sure to check the box to receive announcements which may include deals and discounts. There doesn't appear to be an option to update settings on an existing account. You might have to contact customer service for help if you already have an account and you want to verify your settings are correct.
5. Next, use Apple's store locator to find the retailer closest to you. You can find the closest Apple Store here https://www.apple.com/retail/ or other retailers here https://locate.apple.com/. Simply click on the section marked sales and if prompted, enter your zip code or address and use the drop-down menu to select the type of product you'd like. You can also call Apple's customer service here.
6. The next step is to either call the nearest store or make the trip. Calling them might give you an idea of what products they have and if they're able to hold items. Please keep in mind that holding items is not 100% up to the store itself, but corporate.
Cyber Black Friday
1. Set up or log into your account as outlined by the steps above.
2. Next, you have the option of clicking the shopping bag icon first or browsing Apple products by type. Click Learn More to review important product facts and then Buy if the facts meet your liking. You may need to follow the prompts if you need to select model type or color.
3. Click on the Shopping Bag icon and then click Check Out when satisfied.
After thousands of Apple customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Make an Order for the Apple Black Friday Event? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Apple if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Apple in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Make an Order for the Apple Black Friday Event? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.