If you use an Apple device, then your Apple account is crucial for your day to day life. Lack of access to your account could lead to huge disruptions.
Recovering your Apple account is necessary if you forgot your Apple ID and forgot the password to your Apple account. You can also recover your ID when you cannot recover your password.
We will take a look at each case separately.
Forgot Apple ID
If you have forgotten your Apple ID, the first step is to check if you are signed into any of your Apple devices. Check your iPod, iPhone and iPad of you are logged in to the iCloud or the iTunes or App stores.
To see if you are logged into iCloud, click 'Settings' then tap your name. To see if you are logged into the iTunes or App stores, click 'Settings' and then click your name or 'iTunes & App stores.'
You can also check if you are logged into your iCloud or iTunes and App store on your Mac, Apple TV or PC. The process is the same for most devices and typically involves going to 'Settings' then 'Accounts' and then choosing 'iCloud' or 'iTunes and App Store.'
You can also check for your Apple ID on the web and checking if you are signed in. you can do this by following this process:
1. Open your Apple account ID page
2. Click 'Forgot Apple ID or password'
3. When you are prompted to submit your Apple ID, click 'Forgot Apple ID' and you will be offered the chance to look it up
4. Input your first name, last name or email. Your Apple ID will then be presented if the information is correct.
You can also check your previous iTunes purchases to check for your Apple ID. You can only use this method if you have not changed your Apple Id since you made the purchase. You can do this via the following process:
1. Open iTunes
2. Go to 'Library' and select one of your purchases
3. Select 'Edit' and then click 'Get Info'
4. Click the 'File' tab
5. Scroll down and check 'purchased by.' You should see the Apple ID that was used to make the purchase.
If you find your Apple ID but do not remember your password, you can change it depending on the Apple device you are currently using.
You can change your password on an iPod touch, iPhone or iPad using the following process:
1. Open your Apple ID account page
2. Click 'Settings'
3. Click your name
4. Go to 'Password and Security'
5. Click 'change password'
6. Input your current password
7. Enter a new password then retype it for confirmation
8. Click 'Change Password'
9. Confirm the password change by logging in.
To change your Apple ID password on your Mac, use the following process:
If you are unable to change your password and recover your account, you should initiate an account recovery process by going to appleid.apple.com and selecting Forgot Apple ID or password. Submit as much information as possible and then begin the account recovery waiting period.
Alternatively, you can contact Apple's customer service directly and ask for help. They do have a customer service phone line and help desk through which you can acquire assistance. You can find the contact information on GetHuman.