If you are a new Assurance Wireless user, you may want to port your phone number over so that your friends and family can reach you easily on your new carrier. If that is the case, we certainly understand. We have created a guide below that will assist you in porting your number over to Assurance Wireless.
Our guide below is written in an easy, step-by-step format so that the process is as simple as possible for you.
Assurance Wireless is a Virgin Mobile company. It is a federal lifeline assistance program. Of course, "Lifeline" is a benefit program from the government that is funded by the federal Universal Service Fund. Individuals are able to qualify based on specific state or federal criteria. Only one wireless or wired account is available per household.
With all of that being said, are you ready to get started? Excellent! Let's begin now:
1. First, you will want to navigate to the Assurance Wireless website. On the home page, you are going to see a variety of options.
2. You are going to see links at the top of the page for "Lifeline Service", "Help Center", "Annual Certification", and "Reverification".
3. Additionally, in the middle of the page, you are going to see that you are able to check and see if you qualify for a free smartphone. You are able to enter your zip code or click on the purple "Apply Now" button that you will see as banners rotate in the middle of the home page.
4. Further down on the home page, you will get a detailed description of what Federal Lifeline Assistance is, the qualifications needed for the service, proof of eligibility that you will need to provide, how to check availability of the program in your area, how to apply online, customer testimonials, and how to check the status of your application. Examine these links carefully in case any of them apply to you. You must have an account before you port your number.
5. After you have applied for an account with Assurance Wireless and been approved, you are going to be shipped your free smartphone. While your free smartphone is being shipped to you, you can go ahead and begin the process of porting your number.
6. On the assurance wireless home page, click the link at the top of the page that says "Help Center". A drop-down menu will appear. In that drop-down menu, look for the "FAQ" link. Click the "FAQ" link.
7. In the FAQ, look for a blue heading that says "If I'm approved, can I keep my current phone number?". Click on that link and you will see the customer service number to contact. You will also notice the information that you will need when you contact customer service to port your number. This consists of your account number and password.
8. If you have trouble with any of this, no problem. Click here for our dedicated Assurance Wireless support page and we will help you connect with a human who can help you now.
After thousands of Assurance Wireless customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Port My Number to Assurance Wireless? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Assurance Wireless if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Assurance Wireless in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Port My Number to Assurance Wireless? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.