Avast is one of the best antivirus software in the world. The software's popularity has increased steadily ever since its inception in 1988.
A subscription to Avast is important to keep your devices functioning smoothly. Moreover, Avast is compatible with every Windows OS, iOS, Mac OS and Android.
If you download or install Avast on any of you devices, you have the choice of either using the software's normal version or buying a subscription. Avast subscribers get benefits that users of the normal software do not.
If you have an Avast subscription, you will find a message every time you log in to your account on the Avast website. The message is typically notifying you of the latest features and news about the software but can also notify you about threats in your system files.
Given the advantages of having Avast on your computer, it may difficult to see why someone might want to cancel their subscription. The most prevalent reason for cancelling a subscription is that the person is no longer using Avast but is still being charged for it.
The Avast auto-renewal feature is the main cause of wrongfully charging of customers. The reason behind s this is that it usually just a small line in the contract that is very easy to fix.
How to cancel the subscription
The manner in which you cancel your Avast subscription depends on how you bought the subscription. You can purchase a subscription through Digital River, Nexway or the Avast portal.
Cancel auto-renewal through Digital River Order Portal
1. Go to the Digital River Portal at Avast.
2. Enter your order number and password. Both can be found in the email you received after you bought the subscription.
3. Click 'Find Order' in the email.
4. You will be directed to a page with your order details.
5. Once you are able to see your order details, click 'Manage Subscription.'
6. On the 'Subscription Details' page, select 'Automatic Renewals' and then change it from 'On' to 'Off' and confirm the change by clicking the 'Disable Automatic Renewal' link on the subsequent pop-up message
7. You should receive a confirmation email whose subject is 'Avast Auto-Renewal Feature Has Been Stopped.'
Cancelling Subscription through Avast Account
You can cancel a subscription bought through Nexway or Digital River through your Avast account by following these steps:
1. Open your Avast app or the website in your browser.
2. Sign in to your account. Ensure you use the same email you used to purchase the subscription.
3. Find the 'Licenses' section and select 'Your Licenses' and click it.
4. Select the subscription that you want to cancel which should be labeled 'Auto-renewal License' and then click 'Cancel Auto-Renewal.'
5. Confirm the cancellation by clicking 'Deactivate Auto-renewal Subscription.'
6. You should receive a confirmation email whose subject is 'Avast Auto-Renewal Feature Has Been Stopped.'
The last method through which you can cancel an Avast subscription is ask Avast customer support to do it for you. However, you should only contact them if the above methods do not work. You can contact Avast support through the following avenues:
The Avast customer support phone number is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. After about 10 minutes on the line, a customer support agent will answer the call and you can ask them to cancel your subscription. You can find the number on GetHuman.
You can send customer support an email requesting a cancellation of your subscription. Expect a reply no sooner than a day after sending the email. The email address can be found at GetHuman.
After thousands of Avast! customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How do I cancel my subscription with Avast? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Avast! if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Avast! in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How do I cancel my subscription with Avast? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Call now and talk to a real person in seconds who can tell you the best deals from each telecom company if your new home area. We find the best deal for you and then we manage the scheduling so that all your technicians show up on the same day. Easy and free!Call free anytime: 888-959-6783Our service is unaffiliated and thus can compare plans across many providers and schedule multiple technicians