How Do I Open a New Bank of America Account?
If you are looking for a new bank and wish to open an account at Bank of America, you can start your new banking experience in a few steps online. Review the types of accounts available at Bank of America, pick the account you want and apply online. Once you have opened your new account, you can have your paycheck deposited directly giving you peace of mind.
Bank of America is a leader in banking services for millions of Americas. If you are thinking of opening an account with Bank of America, you may be wondering what you need to do. How do you open a new Bank of America account? You can get information and assistance from Bank of America customer support here, and read on for steps to opening your new account.
How to Open a New Bank of America Account
To open a new Bank of America account, you need to do the following:
- Provide the required information. To start the process you will need to provide the following:
- Your full name
- Your current mailing address
- Social security number of account holder
- Email address
- If you already have an existing account and you are opening a new account, provide the number of your existing account
- If you have a joint account holder, provide the same information listed above for you
- Submit the required identifying documentation. You will need to provide two forms of identification (primary and secondary) such as:
- Primary identification can include:
- State issued driver's license or identification with photo
- US Passport
- Military identification
- Bank of America branded debit or credit card with your photograph on the card
- Secondary identification can include:
- A credit card from another major financial institution
- A credit card from a major retailer
- Visa or MasterCard debit card from another major financial institution
- Student ID from a college or university
- Local high school student ID
- US issued work badge or identification
- Choose the account that is best for you. Some accounts to choose from are:
- Bank of America Advantage Plus Banking
- This is primarily designed for students or people who want to open an account that has a low minimum balance requirement. While it does carry a service fee, the fee is waived if you maintain a $250 minimum balance in your account and other requirements.
- Bank of America Advantage Relationship Banking
- This account carries a higher minimum balance requirement in order to have the $25 monthly fee waived. This is for individuals or couples who keep a running balance in their account.
- Bank of America Advantage SafeBalance Banking
- This is the Bank of America "check-less" checking account. For a $4.95 monthly fee, you can have this account and use digital checks to pay for your purchases
- Open the Bank of America website on your computer
- Click "Open account" under the type of account you wish to open
- Enter your zip code
- Click the statement that best fits if you wish to add a savings account
- Enter your offer code
- Click on "Go to Application." If you are already a Bank of America member, check to box to autofill your application
- Enter the required information and submit your application
- You can set up direct deposit on your paycheck once your account is open
Banking with Bank of America gives you a number of account options that are easy to open. For more information or assistance, contact Bank of America customer service here.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Open a New Bank of America Account?"?
After thousands of Bank of America customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Open a New Bank of America Account? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Bank of America if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Bank of America Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Bank of America in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Open a New Bank of America Account? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.