There are plenty of reasons why your Bank of America card may be declined. Some of them include the following;
1. If you are using your card in person, you may have entered the wrong PIN. Check again and try again with the correct Pin.
2. You may be exceeding your daily spending limit. If you already made a transaction before, check to make sure that you are not going beyond your daily spending limit. If you have reached your limit, wait to complete the transaction on the next day
3. The magnetic strip at the back of your card may be scratched. It is the part where you swipe the card to the payment processor device. To avoid scratching, store your card in a plastic casing. The strip wears out due to age. You should also check to ensure that your card is not out of date.
4. You may be trying to buy something from a merchant who has a suspicious name. If you trying to make online purchases from other countries, check to ensure that the merchant is reputable.
5. If you are using the Bank of America app, your transaction may fail if you have malicious applications on your phone. Use Antivirus software to get rid of malware from your device
6. Your transaction may be denied if a suspicious paycheck was deposited into your account. You have to wait as Bank of America completes investigations
7. If you were using Google Voice service to complete a transaction, it may be declined. If your voice sounds different, the service may send an alarm to all the applications on your phone
8. Your transaction may be denied due to mistakes by the security department. The security department may get overzealous and block your transaction if anything seems suspicious. If that is the case, contact the support team and ask for help.
9. Your transaction may be declined due to suspicious activities. Suspicious activities include but are not limited to the following;
10. Transactions to other countries
11. Transactions with amounts that seem too large
12. Transactions that are different from your normal ones
If your transaction is canceled due to suspicious activities, Bank of America may block and replace your card. The Bank of America fraud control watches out for suspicious activity to promote safe transactions and minimize the risk of fraud.
1. If the Merchant sent incorrect Information, the transaction may be declined. To fix this issue, they should enter the correct information and try again
2. A transaction may be declined if the acquire failed to provide enough information.
If you need help with your failed transactions or any other concerns, the best way to get help is by contacting the Bank of America support team. The best way to seek help from Bank of America is on the phone. You will be connected with a support representative. Explain to them the problem you have been facing and the type of help you hope to receive. If your transaction was declined, they will help you establish the reason and how to address it.
Another way to speak with a representative is by contacting them on live chat. It is the best alternative to phone support.
You may also seek support from the bank of America via Twitter. Since the conversations are public, they are likely to respond fast. If they cannot give you the support you may be directed to continue the conversation on a different site.
Before contacting them directly, consider seeking support on the Bank of America help desk. It has lots of helpful tips and suggestions.