Barnes and Noble have been providing the public with great reading material for a very long time. Despite being a member of the Fortune 1000 and having over 627 retail stores, they still have an electronic Bookstore called Nook.
However, it should be clearly noted that changing your email address on barnesandnoble.com does not automatically cause the same change on your Nook.
You can retain all your Nook content even if you change your Barnes and Noble account email address by following these steps:
1. Unregister all your Nook devices and any Nook on your Android or iOS devices from your original email address
2. Proceed to change your Barnes and Noble email account email address
3. Register your Nook devices and applications and use the updated email address
If you change your Barnes and Noble email address without unregistering your Nook devices and apps, you will be forced to repeat the steps above.
There are several reasons for changing your Barnes and Noble email address. You may no longer have access to the email address associated with your barnesandnoble.com account. You may also have a new address which will necessitate the change. If you think your account has been compromised by malevolent parties, it would also be prudent to change your email address.
To change the email address on your Barnes & Noble account, follow these steps:
1. Launch your web browser
2. Open the Barnes & Noble website
3. Input your login details and click 'Log In'
4. Open your account page
5. Go to 'Account Settings' and then click 'Manage Account Settings'
6. You will be redirected to the 'Account Settings' page where you will be promoted to log in once more
7. There are many things you can change on the subsequent page but since we are concerned with changing your email address, go to 'Update Your Email Address'
8. Enter your new email address in the empty field aptly named so
9. Reenter your email address in the 'Confirm New Email Address' field
10. Ensure the information is correct and then click 'Save Changes' to finish the change.
You should shut down your browser after changing your email address and then open it again and try logging in to your Barnes & Noble account to confirm that the email address change has taken effect. Try logging in with your old email address and see if it works. If it does, then the change did not occur.
If it does not log in, proceed to input the new email address and try logging in. it should go through after inputting your password. If it does not, you should contact Barnes & Noble customer service as soon as you can.
You can contact Barnes & Noble customer service through the following avenues:
Most people prefer to contact customer service through the phone not only because it is swift but also because they prefer having vice conversations with a customer service agent. You can try logging in with your new email address while after asking the agent to perform the change for you while you are still on the line. Therefore, it is a very effective method.
To obtain the Barnes & Noble customer service phone, please go to GetHuman. Also check for other customer service numbers on the site.
Another option at your disposal is the Barnes & Noble customer service live chat facility. It is also quick and effective if you want to change your email address. It always available but you may have to fill a form before you an be connected to an agent.
The link to the live chat facility can be retrieved from GetHuman.