Barnes and Noble is a famous bookstore in the United States. It has stayed popular for many years even as its competitors transition to online stores. The loyal customers get into a membership program where they enjoy perks such as discounted prices and free shipping. If you are a member and do not remember your membership number, you can recover it quickly.
Follow these steps to recover your Barnes and Noble membership number:
1. Use your email address and password to log in to your account
2. If you don't remember your login details, click 'Forgot Password' and use the prompts to recover your account
3. Once you are logged into your account, find the section 'Memberships' and click on it
4. You will find your membership number displayed in a box
5. If you wish other details of your membership, click 'Manage Your B&N Membership.' You can view your account information and the expiration date.
6. If you can't view your membership number, it means that the membership number is not linked to your Barnes and Noble account. You have to contact the customer service team for help.
7. After recovering your membership number, you can continue to enjoy the benefits of the bookstore.
Linking Membership to Your Barnes and Noble Account
You have to link your Member details to your BN.com account to apply your membership to BN.com purchases. You won't enjoy the perks of membership if your membership is not associated with your account. Follow these steps to link your membership to your account.
1. Open the Barnes and Noble Membership Management page
2. Click on the 'Program Type' menu
3. Select 'B&N Membership'
4. In the Card Number field, enter your member number without including dashes or spaces
5. Click 'Submit' to complete the process. You can use your membership in future purchases.
When entering the name on your membership, check for suffixes, apostrophes, and punctuations. Ensure that you have no inconsistencies or unintended spaces. If you make any errors, it may be impossible to register your membership.
If Barnes and Noble disconnect your account, you can follow the above steps to associate it again. However, you should note that your membership can only be saved to one account at a time.
If you still have trouble finding your Member number, you may ask for help from the support team.
Contacting the Customer Support Team
The best way to contact Barnes and Noble is on the phone. You will be connected with a customer service agent who may guide you through the relevant steps. Phone support is the fastest support option. However, you may also speak with a customer service agent through live chat.
Mail support is the best option when you don't necessarily need to speak with an agent. It is a great option since you can stay with the details of your communication with the support team for a long time.
With Twitter and Facebook/Messenger, you may learn from both the customer service team and the representatives. They are great options if you don't mind getting help in public.
The Barnes and Noble help desk is the first support option for most customers. Going through the help pages, you may find the help you need before contacting the support team.
After thousands of Barnes & Noble customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Recover My Membership Number with Barnes and Noble? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Barnes & Noble if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Barnes & Noble in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Recover My Membership Number with Barnes and Noble? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.