Barnes & Noble, a bookstore that sells more than just books, is a popular choice with many consumers. You can shop online or in one of the many Barnes & Noble stores. There may be instances when you need to return a purchase. This can be achieved by taking a few simple steps. If you need help or have questions, reach out to Barnes & Noble.
If you purchased an item on the Barnes & Noble website, it will only take a few simple steps to return it if you wish to do so via mail. You also have the option of returning your item by taking it directly to a Barnes & Noble store.
1. Make sure the item you wish to return is in its original condition. If it's a shrink-wrapped item, it needs to be unopened.
2. If you have the packing slip that came in the shipment, you have instructions as well as a pre-paid label to use to ship the item back to Barnes & Noble.
3. You can also print a packing slip which you received in your shipping confirmation email.
4. If you use the printout available via email, this needs to be included inside the box as this is not the same as a pre-paid label.
5. If you use the printout available via email, you also must write the order number on the outside of the box.
6. Mail your package to the following address:
Barnes & Noble
1 Barnes & Noble Way
Monroe Township, NJ 08831
It is important to note that returns must be made within 30 days of purchase.
It is also important to note that shipping fees are not refundable.
If you need any help with these steps, contact Barnes & Noble.
If you bought an item directly from a Barnes & Noble store, you simply need to return it within 30 days of purchase. Make sure you have both the item and your receipt with you.
If you have questions about how to return an item to a Barnes & Noble store, reach out to Barnes & Noble.
After thousands of Barnes & Noble customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Return an Item to Barnes and Nobles? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Barnes & Noble if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Barnes & Noble in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Return an Item to Barnes and Nobles? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.