Blogger.com is a popular choice among bloggers. This site allows users to share while still maintaining control of their personal space online. There may be times when you wish to control who can comment on your blog. This can be controlled by following a few simple steps. If you need any help with these steps or have questions, you can reach out to Blogger.com.
In order to control who can comment on your Blogger.com blog, you need to follow a few simple steps:
1. Go to Blogger's site.
2. Sign in using your Google account.
3. Once you have signed in you will be on the Home Page.
4. At the top left you will see Select Blog.
5. This is where you select the blog you wish to work with.
6. On the left you will see Menu Settings.
7. Click on Comments.
8. Next you need to click on Comment Location.
9. This is where you decide to let people reply. Do this by clicking on Embedded.
10. You will see Who Can Comment.
11. This is where you have three choices. You can choose Anyone, which will allow comments to be anonymous. If you wish to restrict who can comment on your blog you have two options. You can choose Users with Google Account or Only Members of this Blog.
12. The next section is Comment Moderation.
13. This is where you can choose to approve comments. You have three choices: always, sometimes, or never.
14. You will be able to receive email alerts when you choose to approve user comments.
15. Once you receive an email alert you can choose to publish the comment, delete it, or mark it as spam.
16. After you have made all the changes you wish to make, remember to click on Save.
It is important to note that choosing to hide comments does not permanently delete them.
If you need any assistance with the steps listed above, contact Blogger.com.
After thousands of Blogger.com customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Change Who Can Comment on My Blogger.com Blog? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Blogger.com if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Blogger.com in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Change Who Can Comment on My Blogger.com Blog? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.