Booking.com is a search engine for travel and lodging reservations. The site is available in 43 languages and has over 28 million listings.
Anyone who would like to host a guest can put up their property on the site. Booking.com members include individuals, hotels and lodges among others.
You need an account to use the website. If you are looking for a place to stay, you can decide to open a personal account. On the other hand, if you are putting up a listing on the site, you will need a business account.
The reason is that since you will be using your property to make money, it is viewed as a business. Setting up a business account on Booking.com is a relatively straightforward process. Deleting the account is another issue altogether.
The process you will use to delete your Booking.com business account will depend on how you signed up for the account.
Signed up Through the Website
If you simply signed for your account through the website, the process is as follows:
1. Launch your preferred web browser
2. Open Booking.com
3. Input the necessary details and log in to your Booking.com business account
4. Go to the Booking.com Account Removal Page
5. you should see two buttons. The 'Yes, remove my account' button and 'No, Keep my account' button
6. click the 'Yes, remove my account button'
7. Click on 'Account marked for removal'. Once you do so you should receive an account deletion confirmation email on the address on file
8. Open your email address and click the message from Booking.com
9. Click the link in the email usually labeled 'Delete Account' to confirm your account deletion. Once you click the link, your account will be completely deleted.
The reason for send the confirmation to your email is to ensure that the account owner is deleting the page. A fraudulent source may try deleting your account but without access to your email account, they cannot confirm the deletion of the account.
Logged in Through Facebook or Google
The process of deleting an account that was signed up for using Google or Facebook is the same as the process above. However, you need to take it a step further and ensure that Google and Facebook applications no longer have access to your account.
To disconnect your Booking.com business account, you should do the following:
1. Launch your web browser
2. Go to Google Accounts
3. Go to ''Connected apps & sites' located on the left hand navigation. All apps connected to the account will be presented
4. Click 'Manage Apps'
5. Select the Booking.com app and click 'Remove' to disconnect it
To disconnect your Booking.com account from Facebook, do the following:
1. Launch your web browser
2. Open Facebook and log in to your account
3. Go to your profile
4. Click 'Settings'
5. Click 'Apps' on the left side of the screen
6. Click the 'X' next to Booking.com and you will have disconnected the account.
If you face any issues deleting your Booking.com account using the above processes, you should contact their customer service as soon as possible. They will provide you with the necessary help.
Contact Customer Service
You can reach Booking.com customer service in a variety of ways. One of them is to call them. Their customer service has a local number and an international customer service number. Use whichever one applies. To retrieve the number, visit GetHuman.
You can also send customer service an email whenever you want. They will reply soon with help about the issue. Booking.com's customer service email address can be acquired from GetHuman.