British Airways is the UK's flagship carrier. It is the United Kingdom's second largest carrier as categorized by fleet size and number of passengers only surpassed by Easy Jet.
With a fleet size of 278 airplanes and flying to 183 destinations worldwide, British Airways receives a massive amount of bookings. Passengers enjoy excellent customer service and flexible flight plans to accommodate their plans and budgets.
Booking a flight with British Airways is a relatively straightforward process. You can book a flight from the website or by calling British Airways customer service. Booking online is recommended considering the amount of traffic when contacting British Airways customer service.
To make a booking with British Airways through their website, follow these steps:
1. Launch your web browser and open the British Airways website
2. On the website's homepage, you will see three tabs: Flight, Flight + Hotel and Flight + Car. Choose a category based on what kind of booking you want. If you have already made accommodation and local travel arrangements, click 'Flight'
3. You can select trips from one city to another or multi city trips where you are flying to and from multiple cities. We will consider flights from one city to another in this case
4. Choose your departure date and subsequently your return date. Also select the amount of passengers that will be travelling on the flight and the class in which you will be travelling
5. Click the 'Search' button to find the available lights during that time period
6. Select the flight that you would want to travel in from the results presented. The flight with the shortest travel time and the cheapest fare is often preferred
7. You will then be prompted to input the passenger details for all the passengers in your flight party
8. After reviewing the flight and passenger information you will come to the payment stage of booking your flight. You can choose to pay immediately or when you arrive at the airport. The former is strongly advised.
9. Confirm the payment details and then click 'Book Ticket' to complete the booking process.
10. You will receive a confirmatory email with the ticket information. Download and print the tickets as soon as you can. You will also receive a booking number that you can use to manage your bookings on the British Airways website.
If you booked a hotel or rented a car via the British Airways website in the process outlined above, you will be able to select the hotel, type of room, number of rooms, vehicle model and car service based on the options presented.
Seat selection with British Airways can either be free or cost extra depending on the ticket type, travel class and personal situation among other factors.
If you book a basic ticket meaning an economy class ticket you can pay to reserve your seat from the moment you book to the moment you check in or you will be allocated a free seat by British Airlines when check in opens which is usually 24 hours before departure.
With any other ticket other than a basic ticket, you can reserve your seat for free when check-in happens.
It is important that you select flexible tickets if available. Such tickets will enable you to easily make flight changes if the need arises.
You can utilize British Airways' disability assistance if it applies as long as you do it 48 hours before departure. If you need any help booking such a ticket, you should contact British Airways customer service directly.
You can find British Airways customer service contact information on GetHuman.
After thousands of British Airways customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Make a Booking with British Airways? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting British Airways if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like British Airways in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Make a Booking with British Airways? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Our free concierge service can find the best deals across telecom providers in your new zip code and making sure your services arrive on the same day. Talk to a live person seconds from now who can do price comparisons for you and get a date that works for you!Call Toll-Free: 888-959-6783Our service is unaffiliated and thus can compare plans across many providers and schedule multiple technicians