Capital One, a bank holding company, is a popular choice for many consumers. Offering auto loans, credit cards and savings accounts as well as banking, it has excellent online options. You may desire to cancel and close your account with Capital One. This can be accomplished through a few simple steps. If you have any questions or need assistance, reach out to Capital One.
When you decide to cancel and close your Capital One account, you simply need to complete a few steps online.
1. You need to go to Capitol One's website.
2. Once you are on the website you will need to sign in.
3. Using the username and password you made when you created your account, sign in.
4. Once you are signed in click on to see more.
5. You will need to scroll down until you see Control Your Card and Account Services.
6. This is where you can choose to cancel and close your account by clicking on Close Your Account.
7. After this you will simply select the credit card you wish to cancel and follow the prompts.
If you need help with any of these steps, contact Capital One.
1. Once you close and cancel your account, it is no longer active.
2. If you made charges to your account before closing it, they will still post.
3. You will need to stop any pre-authorized charges on your account.
4. You will need to make arrangements to stop automatic payments.
5. Use your rewards before you close your account since you will lose them.
6. Be prepared to receive statements until your account has a zero balance.
7. Closing your account is permanent except for rare circumstances.
If you have any questions about what it means to close and cancel your Capital One account, reach out to Capital One.
After thousands of Capital One customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Cancel and Close My Account with Capital One? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Capital One if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Capital One in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Cancel and Close My Account with Capital One? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.