CenturyLink is a telecommunications company that offers services such as Internet, TV, and voice services. It is one of the most popular telecommunication companies in the United States. If you have had your CenturyLink service for a long time, you may wish to cancel or disconnect it. CenturyLink allows you to cancel your service whenever you please.
Canceling CenturyLink Service
1. Contact the customer support team and express your desire to cancel. When contacting them, explain that your mind is made up as they may try to change your mind
2. Provide the support representative with the relevant details including; your phone number, name and account number
3. If you have any outstanding balance, pay it before submitting your request
4. Provide the support representative with your credit card or bank account information
5. The support agent will give you a 'Cancellation Confirmation Number.' Keep it as you may need it in future
6. If you made a deposit, claim it. If you cancel your service 12 months after starting it, you can get a refund for your deposit with interest.
If Your Bill is Too High
You don't need to cancel your service if the bill is too high. CenturyLink offers discounts when you purchase two or more products. They may lock the current price for some products. This means that you don't have to worry about your rates increasing. Ensure that you are using a bundle offer that fits your budget limits.
Transferring Your Service
You do not need to cancel your CenturyLink service if you are moving to a new home. You can contact the support team and ask to transfer service to your new home. It is faster and easier than canceling your service only to start over. When transferring service, you may ask for new promotions and discounts.
Suspending Your Service Temporarily
If you plan on being away for some time, you can suspend your service until you get back. You don't need to cancel your service just because you are going on vacation.
A temporary service puts your Internet, phone, and TV services on hold. It helps you avoid the hassle of canceling your service and installing it again.
When you suspend service, you pay a lower rate for your services.
If You are Experiencing Problems With Your Service
If you run into any troubles when using CenturyLink, you have plenty of troubleshooting options. To find out what is wrong, go to the 'Guidance Center.' You may also seek support from the Support Center. The support representatives may also help you find a solution.
When You Cancel Your Service
If some or all of your services are part of a bundle, you can cancel just one or more services. If you have any remaining services, your standard monthly fee will still apply.
If you had paid a deposit, the deposit and interest should be applied to your final balance. CenturyLink will send you a closing bill with the status of your account. If you have a credit, it will be sent to your mail.
If you need help canceling CenturyLink, you may seek help from the support team. The best way to contact CenturyLink is on the phone. You will be connected with a support representative who may help you get the help you need. Another option to speak with a representative is on live chat.
CenturyLink's help desk has plenty of targeted tips and suggestions that may help you address some of your most common problems. Use it to seek help before contacting the customer support agents directly.