You can recover access to your Chase account if you forget the password or PIN. If you suspect that someone else may have access to your password, you should change it as soon as possible. Follow these steps to change your password.
1. Log in to the Chase website
2. Tap on the 'Person' icon at the top of the home page
3. Find the section 'Profile & Settings
4. Tap on the 'Edit' link
5. Enter your old password and then your new one
6. Click 'Submit' to confirm the changes
With Chase, changing your password is easy. Use a password that is unique but easy for you to remember.
Resetting Your Forgotten Password or Username
1. On the chase website, log in to your account
2. If you don't remember your password, click on the link 'Forgot User ID or Password'
3. Read your options and click on the one that may help Chase verify your identity. You may select your tax ID number or Social Security number.
4. Select the account with which you want to be identified and enter the relevant information
5. Click 'Next.'
6. You will receive an email with your temporary password and User ID. The email will be sent to the email associated with your account. When you regain access to your account, you can change the temporary password.
If Your Chase Online Account is Hacked
Even though your Chase account is generally safe, it is possible for hackers to get into your online banking account and steal from you. You may recover your account by contacting the support team. They may encourage you to create a new account.
Some of the most effective ways to protect your account include the following;
1. Use a strong and unique password and update it regularly. Adding characters to your password may increase the security of your account. With every extra character, hackers will take a longer time to get into your account.
2. Install anti-virus software on your phone and computer
3. Change your bank account whenever you notice any suspicious transactions
If You Forgot Your Chase Debit/ATM or Credit Card Number
If you don't remember your Chase ATM/Debit or credit card number, you should contact the support team and ask for help. To avoid forgetting your PIN, use one that is unique but meaningful to you. Put in some effort to create a PIN that is creative and personal. If it is too obvious, other people may access it. When you call Chase for help in resetting your PIN, an automated system will guide you. Follow the relevant steps to complete the process. Chase has a separate phone number for callers with hearing or speech disabilities.
The best way to contact Chase for help is on the phone. You will be connected with an agent in a few minutes. Explain to them the problem you have been experiencing and ask them to help you. If you are polite and patient, you are likely to get the help you need. You may not always get help on the first attempt.
Most Chase customers seek support on the help desk before trying to contact the customer care agents directly. It has targeted tips that you may find helpful. If you can't call directly on the phone or would like to avoid the wait time, calling on the help desk may be a good idea. When seeking support on the help desk, Chase customer care agents may need you to continue the conversation on email or phone. In such cases, you may need to go back and forth a few times before getting help.