How Can I Sell My Text Book Back to Chegg?
Chegg is an American company that sells textbooks at reasonable rates. While you can follow an easy returns policy to exchange a book, Chegg doesn't have a buyback option to purchase used textbooks.
Chegg is an American educational technology firm that supplies copies of textbooks and helpful resources to students. The learning platform also provides various services like online tutoring, textbook rentals and other educational guidance.
If you wish to sell your used textbooks to Chegg, then you have reached the right place. Chegg does not purchase books anymore. Their website redirects to GoTextBooks, where you can sell your textbooks. You can connect with customer support for further help to get the best price for your books.
Steps to Sell Your Textbooks via Chegg
Follow some basic steps to trade textbooks online on Chegg.
- Log in to the Chegg website.
- On the top screen, you will find three options.
- You must select the Sell option.
- You must click on the link to go to the GoTextBooks website. It is an independent buyer separate from Chegg.
- Once you enter the website, you will get the option to type the ISBN of your textbook. ISBN is the International Standard Book Number. It is a 10–13-digit number which identifies the edition of the book.
You can find the ISBN of the book on the back cover near the barcode. It can also be seen on the page featuring the copyright and publisher information.
If you are unable to find the ISBN, you can contact the helpdesk for further guidance.
- Once you enter the ISBN, you will get an instant quote for your used textbook.
- You can ship your book to GoTextBooks for free.
- As soon as the company receives your book in the proper condition, payment will be credited to your account.
Rules for Selling Books on Chegg
When you want to sell books on Chegg, you must follow specific rules laid by the company.
- When you ship your textbook, you must drop off the package at any convenient UPS ground location.
- Once the textbook reaches the destination, you will receive an email confirmation. You will get the second email once the item is processed and details about your order are accepted or rejected. Sell back orders take around four to 14 business days to reach the company. If you cannot track your order, you can connect with a customer service representativein the company.
- GoTextbooks provides unique prepaid shipping labels and packing slips for all of its purchase orders. You can log into your account page and click on print shipping materials found in the email.
- The items must be shipped within seven days of the order being created, after which the label gets expired. You may then have to create a new quote to generate a new label.
- The company accepts only those textbooks which are of good quality. Damaged, torn and books with ISBN numbers missing are declined.
- You can sell up to five copies of books with the same ISBN. If you wish to sell more copies, you can contact the company's helpdesk for guidance.
- You can also sell loose-leaf materials. With loose leaf edition textbooks, you should provide the front or back page that contains the original publisher barcode and the copyright page.
- Once you sell your books to GoTextbooks, the purchase order is finalized. The company is not responsible for returning erroneously shipped rental materials mailed in a sell-back order. If you sell a rental book by mistake, you can connect with the customer support team to get your book back.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Can I Sell My Text Book Back to Chegg?"?
After thousands of Chegg customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Can I Sell My Text Book Back to Chegg? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Chegg if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Chegg Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Chegg in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Can I Sell My Text Book Back to Chegg? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Asked 9 months ago
Updated 9 months ago
Viewed 416,464 times
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
Wrote a ticket previous just trying to get in contact!
I already previously made a ticket just following up
Following up on a ticket I wrote yesterday
I got charged but I am not allowed to use the account
I got charged but they are not letting me use the account
Paying Too Much for TV?
We created a free, impartial concierge you can speak to right now that can compare TV, cable, phone, and Internet deals in your area. Are you already getting the best deal? Call now and talk to a real, live person who can tell you what promotions you are missing out on.Call Free Anytime: 888-379-2546Our service is unaffiliated and thus can compare plans across many providers