CitiCard credit cards are a popular choice among consumers. While there are numerous benefits to owning and using a credit card, you may feel the need to close your account with CitiCard. This can be accomplished in a few steps. If you need assistance or have any questions during this process, reach out to CitiCard.
Before you take the steps to close your CitiCard credit card, there are a few issues you'll want to consider. Be aware of the effect this action will have on your credit score. Also, you'll want to make sure you have paid off your outstanding balance as well as redeemed any points you've earned.
It's possible to close your account over the phone by speaking to a customer service representative.
1. Make sure you have all your personal identification such as your name, address, phone number and the credit card number with you as you will be required to verify your identity.
2. Call the number found either on your credit card or on your monthly statement.
3. You'll be connected to a customer service representative who will be able to assist you in closing your account after you've provided your identification information.
You will find the address for CitiCard on your monthly statement. You can always reach out to them via mail to close your CitiCard credit card account.
One of the fastest ways to close your CitiCard credit card account is online.
1. Go to citicard.com.
2. Log in by using the username and password you initially set up when you opened your account.
3. Once you're on the home page, you need to choose Contact Us which is located at the bottom of this page.
4. Next you'll choose Chat With Us at the bottom of this page, which will start the process of a live chat where you can close your CitiCard credit card.
If you have any questions, contact CitiCard.
After thousands of Citi Cards customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Close My Citicard Credit Card? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Citi Cards if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Citi Cards in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Close My Citicard Credit Card? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.