Coinbase is a digital asset exchange which promotes the trading of digital currencies. If you have any problems with your Coinbase account, you can always contact the customer support service for help. Being unable to get into your account is one of the most common problems. The following are solutions to some of the most common issues.
If Your Security Key is Not Working
1. Take the key out f the port and insert it back. You should see a light on the key
2. Close your browser and then open it again
3. Clear your cache and cookies from your browser
4. Check with your key manufacturer to make sure that your key supports U2F/WebAuthN standard.
Removing a Security Key
1. Go to settings and then Security in your Coinbase account
2. Click 'Manage' and then 'Remove'
3. This step will remove all the security keys that are linked to your account
4. Set up a different 2FA method
Moving 2FA Codes to a New Device
1. Log in to your Coinbase account using your password, 2FA code from your old device, and username
2. Go to the option Security Settings
3. Regenerate the secret key
4. Scan your new secret code with your new authenticator device
When You Have Issues With App Functionality
If there is an issue with your app, you may seek help from the customer support team. If there is a bug in your BitPay or Copay wallet software your app may not work well. In such cases, you must call the support team and ask for help.
Problems With Coinbase Accounts and Purchases or Sales
If you have any problems with your Coinbase purchases or sales, you should check your Coinbase account before asking for help. If you are certain that there is a problem, you may seek help from the customer support team.
If You Lost Your Wallet Words
If you lost your wallet words but your wallet still works, you should sweep your bitcoin to a different wallet immediately. Follow these steps to do it;
1. Use the 'Create' button to create a new wallet
2. Write down your wallet words and date stamp
3. Unlock the new wallet
4. Wait for the sync to finish
5. Select Switch to go back to your Unlock screen
6. Use tools to send funds to your new wallet address
If you have a different problem with your Coinbase account, you may need to seek help from the customer support team. There are plenty of ways to contact the customer support team. They include the following;
Contacting them Over the Phone
If you want to speak directly with an agent, the best way to contact Coinbase is over the phone. You will be connected with a representative in an average of 17 minutes. Speak to the agent politely and explain the problem including as much detail as you can. You may call Coinbase from Monday to Friday between 8 am and 5 pm.
Contacting them Over Email
Coinbase has amazing email support. If you have any problems, you can send them an email including the details of your problem. The average reply time is 70 hours.
The Help Desk
The help desk is another great way to seek help. Coinbase has a help desk that is filled with reminders, tips, and suggestions that may help you fix the problem. You get a chance to interact with other Coinbase users and learn from their experiences. The average wait time from the help desk is 16 hours.
Coinbase does not offer support on Live Chat, Twitter, or Facebook.