The process of becoming an authorized user on a Comcast account is simple. You can complete the process through the option ‘User & Preferences.' Under the option ‘Add User,' enter the relevant details for an authorized user. If you need help completing the process, you may contact the customer service agents on the phone, Twitter, or the help desk.
How Do I Become an Authorized User on a Comcast Account?
If you wish to make any changes to your account, you have to be an authorized Comcast user. Follow these steps to become an authorized user
- Log in to the user account using the relevant username and password
- Click on the option ‘ Users & Preferences
- Click ‘Add User'
- Enter the relevant information for an authorized user
- Create a username and password for the authorized user
- Read and accept the terms and conditions
- Click ‘Save' to complete the process
Adding or Inviting New Users to Your Account
1. Sign in to My Account as a primary user
2. Click on the ‘Users' tab
3. Select ‘Add a New User'
4. Select ‘Create credentials' and then ‘Continue.'
5. Alternatively, you may choose the option ‘Send email invitation.'
6. Fill out the form with the details of the new user
7. Click ‘Continue'
8. Toggle billing permissions to ‘Off' for basic account access and ‘On' for the new user to manage, pay, and view bills
9. Click ‘Continue' after making your selection
10. Set up your secret question and answer to help in recovery
11. Click ‘Create Account'
12. You will receive a confirmation message with the details of your new user
Inviting New Users via Email
- Sign into ‘My Account' as a primary user
- Click on the ‘Users' tab
- Click ‘Add a new user'
- Click ‘send email invitation' and then ‘Continue'
- Fill out a form with the information of the new user
- Click ‘Continue'
- Choose a verification method and click ‘Continue'
- Toggle your billing permissions to ‘On' and then click ‘Invite User'
- You will receive a confirmation message to complete the process
Removing or Suspending a User
You can remove or suspend a user just as easily as you can add them. If you remove their ID permanently, their ID permanently deletes. All their settings are automatically deleted as well. Removing a secondary ID may lead to the loss of voicemails, emails, and other details that may be linked to the ID.
Contacting the Support Team
If you need help becoming an authorized user on a Comcast account, consider seeking the help of customer service agents. The best way to contact Comcast is on the phone. It is the fastest support option, and you can speak directly with a customer care agent. They will ask about the details of your problem and give you the most relevant help.
Live chat is the best alternative to phone support. You get the chance to contact a support agent for advice.
If you don't necessarily need to speak with an agent, consider seeking support on Twitter. Since it is a public platform, you can get help fast. On Twitter, you can get help from the support agents and members of the public. If the support agents can't help you, they may suggest that you contact them on the phone.
Seek support on the Comcast help desk before exploring other options. It has lots of targeted tips and issue-specific topics that may address your needs. Most customer service agents find support on the help desk before speaking directly with the support agents.
After thousands of Comcast customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Become an Authorized User on a Comcast Account? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Comcast if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Comcast in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Become an Authorized User on a Comcast Account? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.