How Do I Fix Streaming or Download Problems with Comcast?
When you're having streaming or download problems with Comcast, there are a few basic steps you can try before contacting an agent.
If you have no internet access at all, the first step you can take is to make sure there are no service outages in your area. Try using a mobile internet connection or a hot spot so that you can access Comcast's Status Center. The Status Center will show you if there are outages. If your internet is just slower than normal, the Status Center can also help you to do some troubleshooting of the connection on your own.
Some common troubleshooting steps include:
- Check that your devices have power, and that all cables are securely connected. Coaxial cable connections should be finger tight on both the wall outlet and equipment.
- Reset your equipment. Sometimes software updates are required. If using Comcast equipment, perform a restart of the Xfinity Gateway using the Xfinity My Account app, or by requesting to online.
- If your WiFi signal is weak, make sure your router is placed at least five to seven feet off the ground, in a central location, with a direct line of sight to commonly used devices.
- Make sure that your equipment is up to date and running modern software. Older wireless routers and cables may not be compatible with the speeds you were expecting.
- When possible, plug devices that require large amounts of data in using a cable rather than relying on WiFi. Wired connections are usually faster and more reliable, which can drastically improve your experience when streaming or downloading.
- Make sure your Comcast account is up to date and no payments are past due.
Lastly, try troubleshooting with an agent. GetHuman can help!
Contacting Comcast is easy with GetHuman. We show you the estimated hold time, as well as the best time of day to call. You can also use the GetHuman Phone, a free tool that allows you to skip Comcast's complicated phone menus and avoid long hold times. Just tell us what phone number we can get ahold of you at, and when we reach a Comcast agent, we'll call you back with them on the line.
At GetHuman, we love saving customers time and effort. Be sure to share GetHuman with your friends and family so they can benefit too! Let's work together to make customer service easier for all.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Fix Streaming or Download Problems with Comcast?"?
After thousands of Comcast customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Fix Streaming or Download Problems with Comcast? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Comcast if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Comcast Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Comcast in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Fix Streaming or Download Problems with Comcast? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.