How Do I Install My New Modem from Comcast?
If you have just purchased a new Comcast Wi-Fi package, you will need to set up the Comcast modem and wireless router properly before you can start using it. The procedure is a rather long one, but it is also fairly simple, and should not take more than a half-hour or so to complete.
If you have recently gotten a new Wi-Fi account with Comcast then you are probably eager to start using it. To do so, though, you will first need to properly install your modem and router. Keep reading to learn how to do that.
Setting Up the Modem and Router
To set the modem up, follow these steps:
- Put the modem in a convenient location.
- Plug the coaxial cable into the cable outlet jack.
- Plug the other end of the coaxial cable into the modem. If the modem doesn't reach, move it closer to the end of the cable.
- Plug the modem into an electrical outlet.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the modem.
- Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port on the back of the wireless router.
- Plug the router into an electrical outlet.
- Connect another Ethernet cable to one of the four boards on the back of the wireless router.
- Connect the other end of it to the Ethernet port on your computer.
- Turn your computer on.
- Type your router's IP address into the URL field.
- Press Enter. You will be taken to an authentication screen.
- Enter the router's username.
- Enter the router's password. You will be taken to the router's setup page.
- Set the internet connection type to Automatic Configuration (DHCP).
- Enter a name for your new wireless network, its SSID.
- Save the settings.
- Go to the router's security page.
- Select your connection's SSID.
- Click on Connect. Your wireless router and modem will now be ready to use. You can disconnect the Ethernet cable between the computer and router.
- Open your web browser and check that everything is working properly.
If you have any problems or questions, you can reach a Comcast customer service representative by phone, chat, or help desk.
Help from Real People
We partner with a US-based company with live tech support experts available 24/7. Take advantage of a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with an expert now.Chat With A Help Expert
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Install My New Modem from Comcast?"?
After thousands of Comcast customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Install My New Modem from Comcast? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Comcast if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Comcast Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Comcast in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Install My New Modem from Comcast? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Speak to An Expert Now
We partner with a US-based expert help site to provide you with tech support 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with a live expert now.Get Live Expert Help
Asked 21 days ago
Updated 21 days ago
Viewed 5,056 times
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
I don’t know my password to my internet
Our internet isn’t working at our new address
I spoke to Comcast in September about a lower price plan. They switched me to a plan f...
Nesecito conectar mi internet en mi nueva direccion para el dia ** I ** de oct
My bill was paid to an agent with my debit card, and you didn't credit it to my account
Paying Too Much for Internet?
We created a free, impartial concierge you can speak to right now that can compare TV, cable, phone, and Internet deals in your area. Are you already getting the best deal? Call now and talk to a real, live person who can tell you what promotions you are missing out on.Talk to Us Now: 888-379-2546Our concierge is unaffiliated and therefore able to compare deals across many companies