When you feel like you are paying too much money for Comcast, you should be aware that you can negotiate your bill with Comcast. Cable tv and internet providers care for their customers and they are unwilling to lose a customer because they spend a lot of money monthly to get new customers. They are therefore willing to do whatever it takes to retain you and being aware of this fact will help you when you are negotiating with Comcast.
If you are unable to negotiate for a lower Comcast bill and you know that you cannot afford your current bill, you can consider looking for cheaper service providers. Comcast is one of the biggest cable and internet providers in the United States and was a monopoly sometimes in the past but today there are many companies providing cable and internet services. you can, therefore, consider one of the new companies if your negotiation with Comcast does not go well.
How to Lower Your Comcast Bill
If your Comcast bill is too high, you can find out about how you can lower it by following the steps given in this article. Here is how you go about lowering the bill that you are paying to Comcast;
1. The first step is to understand your bill. Most times people are too busy to follow up on how much they are paying for cable and internet services. to understand your Comcast bill, you should check the bundled services that you are subscribed to plus miscellaneous charges and taxes. You should then look at the second page that contains the breakdown of other charges some of which may not make sense to you and the total payable bill. You may realize that you have been paying too much money.
2. The second step that you should take is to call Comcast and say "disconnect service" after the automated voice prompts prompt you. Your call will be redirected to a Comcast retention specialist.
3. When you call Comcast, tell them that you want to cancel your services. lead the negotiation and tell them that you have received a better deal from one of their competitors like AT & T U-verse. Because Comcast is afraid of losing their clients to competitors, they will offer you a cheaper deal. Never take the first deal that you are given because Comcast will be able to lower your bill up to 50% of what you are currently paying them.
4. When you are negotiating for a better deal be polite and do not be too stingy. Comcast can cut your cable and internet bill by up to 50% but they cannot give you a free subscription and therefore do not bargain like you want them to give you a free subscription. A 50% cut on your bill is fair and you should consider taking it.
5. You can also lower your Comcast bill further by buying your router and modem and this will lower your bill by about 10 dollars monthly.
6. If you do not succeed in bargaining for a lower bill with Comcast, you can look for other options like traditional satellite TV dish.
After thousands of Comcast customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Lower My Comcast Bill? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Comcast if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Comcast in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Lower My Comcast Bill? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Want to talk to a real person right now who can compare TV, Internet, or phone packages in your area from different companies? Our service tracks the best deals from the various providers in your home area.Call Now: 888-379-2546Our concierge is unaffiliated and therefore able to compare deals across many companies