How Do I Move My Comcast Service to a New Address?
Follow these instructions to move your Comcast service to a new address.
Comcast is an American telecommunications company. The company was founded in 1963 under the name American Cable Systems and rebranded to Comcast Holdings in 1969. The company has many subsidiaries including Xfinity, NBC Universal, and Sky. Xfinity (Comcast) customers can receive TV, Internet, and home services across the United States. If you're a current Comcast customer and need to change your service to a new address, keep reading for detailed instructions.
Change Your Service Address Online
- Go to https://www.xfinity.com/learn/moving
- In the top right corner of the screen select ‘Sign In.'
- Sign in to your account with your email, mobile number, or username and password.
- Go to ‘My Account' and under ‘Common Solutions' select ‘Move or Transfer Service.'
- Enter the date you would like to stop service at your current address on file, your new address, and the best number to reach you at.
- Click ‘Keep Moving.'
- At this point, you can make changes to your plan if you wish. Once you've made your selections, click ‘Keep Moving.'
- Next, you will see the installation options displayed. You can choose between self-installation or professional installation, depending on your plan and equipment.
After making your choices, select ‘Keep Moving.'
The screen will display all the details of the order you've just placed. Review everything and select ‘Submit Order.'
You should receive an email confirming the changes.
- If you select self-installation, you will then select the date you want your service to start at the new address. Your current equipment will be displayed on the screen as well as a link to a guide for installation.
- If professional installation is chosen, you will be able to choose a date and a two-hour window for the appointment.
Call Comcast Customer Service to Change Your Service Address
If you're having difficulties with the online process, you can choose to call into Comcast's customer support line. The customer service representative will walk you through the process and collect any necessary information. Ask the agent to send you a confirmation email once the request has been submitted and keep them on the line until you receive and review the email.
Help from Real People
We partner with a US-based company with live tech support experts available 24/7. Take advantage of a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with an expert now.Chat With A Help Expert
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Move My Comcast Service to a New Address?"?
After thousands of Comcast customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Move My Comcast Service to a New Address? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Comcast if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Comcast Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Comcast in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Move My Comcast Service to a New Address? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Speak to An Expert Now
We partner with a US-based expert help site to provide you with tech support 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with a live expert now.Get Live Expert Help
Asked 2 years ago
Updated a year ago
Viewed 798,565 times
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
DVR recordings are not showing up on tv.
Internet extremely slow, doesn't load tabs set, can take several minutes to proceed.
My internet and cable is continually not working. I work from home and need my internet...
we have Comcast Cable wiring laying against our garage roof. we need Comcast service o...
Never received replacement equipment they were sending me.