How Do I Recover My Comcast Email Account?
This article discusses what to do if you have lost access to your Comcast email account because you forgot your email's password. A detailed set of instructions are given for resetting your password so you can regain access to your Comcast email. Two different methods of verifying your identity are described.
Comcast services come with a Comcast email account you use to manage those services. This means that forgetting your Comcast password can cause you a lot of different problems. Fortunately, it is easy to recover your password and regain access to your email account.
- Go to Comcast's home page.
- Click on the Sign In link in the top right corner. You will be taken to the sign in page.
- Click on the password recovery link at the bottom of the page. You will be redirected to a page with captcha verification.
- Enter the letters you see inside the captcha box in the text box beneath it. If you have difficulty seeing the letters, click on the Listen to the Code link underneath the text box. You can also try a new code by clicking on the Try Another link. You will then be taken to the password reset page.
- If you have previously linked another email account to your Comcast email, click on the We Can Send a Reset Link to… button. If you have not done so, then answer the security question.
- If you had a reset link sent to a linked email, open that email and click on the link. You will be taken to a page where you can reset your password. If you answered the security question, enter your zip code and then you will be taken to the password reset page.
- Enter the new password in the upper text box. Enter it again in the lower text box for confirmation. Your password must be from 8 to 16 characters long and contain at least one letter and at least one number or special character. It cannot contain your first name, last name, or user name.
- Click on the Next button. You will now be able to log into your Comcast email again.
If you encounter trouble regaining access to your email, contact Comcast's customer service. They have a customer service phone line, a help forum, and a chat room.
Help from Real People
We partner with a US-based company with live tech support experts available 24/7. Take advantage of a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with an expert now.Chat With A Help Expert
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Recover My Comcast Email Account?"?
After thousands of Comcast customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Recover My Comcast Email Account? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Comcast if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Comcast Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Comcast in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Recover My Comcast Email Account? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.