How and When Can I Upgrade My Comcast Phone or Service?
If you have a mobile phone with Comcast, you may be eligible for an early upgrade. Keep reading to find out how and when you can upgrade your Comcast device.
Comcast is an American telecommunications company offering its customers services for mobile phones, landline phones, televisions, home security plans, and the Internet. The company was formerly named American Cable Systems and was founded in 1963, rebranding as Comcast Holdings in 1969. Comcast is the largest Internet service provider in the United States. Xfinity is the trade name for Comcast.
If you're a Comcast customer and are wondering when you can upgrade your mobile device, keep reading for all the information and steps you can take.
Check Device Eligibility
Xfinity has an "Early Upgrade" program. In order to participate, your device has to be in "like-new" condition and brought into an Xfinity Store for trade-in. Additionally, you must be eligible for an upgrade. To be eligible, you need to have paid at least 50% of your device's total cost and have an account in good standing. You can determine your availability online:
- Go to www.xfinity.com
- In the top right corner, select ‘Sign In.'
- Log in to your account with your username, email, or mobile number, and password.
- Click on ‘My Account.'
- If you have multiple devices, select the device you want to upgrade.
- Click on ‘Device Upgrade.'
- Click on ‘Learn More' to see if you qualify for an early upgrade.
- If you're not eligible for an early upgrade, but really need to swap out your device, you can pay the difference so that you reach the 50% threshold.
- Note that there are applicable fees for early upgrades if you're not enrolled in the Xfinity Mobile Protection Plan. Depending on the brand of phone you had. Fees range from $30 to $70.
- Upgrading from an Apple phone, there is a one-time fee of $30
- Upgrading from an LG phone, there is a one-time fee of $50
- Upgrading from a Samsung phone, there is a one-time fee of $70
- Upgrading from a Motorola phone, there is a one-time fee of $50
Check Comcast Help Forum
If you're having online technical issues or don't understand why you're not eligible for an upgrade, check the Comcast Help Forum for answers.
Contact Comcast Customer Support Via Phone
If you're having difficulties checking your eligibility online, or if you think there is a mistake and you should be eligible, you can call into the Comcast Customer Support team. You'll need to provide an account and personal information to confirm your identity. Explain your online issues and have the customer service agent walk you through some troubleshooting steps. Or, ask the agent what is holding you back from qualifying for an upgrade.
Contact Comcast Customer Support Via Live Chat
If you prefer not to speak on the phone, you can use the Comcast Live Chat function to connect with the customer service team. Note that you'll need to provide account and personal information to prove your identification.
Upgrade in Store
If you have determined you're eligible for an upgrade, you'll need to bring your phone into an Xfinity store. They will have to evaluate your phone to ensure it's in great condition and if it's accepted, you'll be able to choose from the phones in stock at the store.
- Go to https://www.xfinity.com/local/store-offers
- Enter your address or click on ‘Use my Location.'
- Find a store near you that you can visit, and note the store hours before you plan your trip.
- Bring a piece of identification with you in order to process the upgrade.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How and When Can I Upgrade My Comcast Phone or Service?"?
After thousands of Comcast customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How and When Can I Upgrade My Comcast Phone or Service? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Comcast if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Comcast Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Comcast in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How and When Can I Upgrade My Comcast Phone or Service? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Asked 23 days ago
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
I want to know if you habe service in andalusia alabama
would like to up-grade my t.v. viewing
We no longer need one of our TV. So we would like someone to pick up the box. We tried...
Two computers physically attached to modem. One has a speed of ***.* mps the other has...
I would like to sign up - new services - internet and tv