What Questions Should I Ask Comcast When Shopping for an Internet Provider?
This article outlines questions you should ask Comcast customer service when shopping for internet services. It outlines points to discuss with customer service to avoid surprises or issues once the services have started. The article also provides two links to reach Comcast customer support and service.
When shopping for internet service, you can take the stress out by knowing which questions to ask when speaking with a customer service representative. If you have decided Comcast is the provider for you, you can contact customer service here to get started. Below are some questions you can ask to make sure you are getting the service and support needed for your home or business
What to Ask Comcast Customer Support
- The first question to ask is if they cover your geographical area. Provide your zip code so that the representative can tell you if they are the ISP for your town.
- Ask if they utilize DSL, cable or fiber optics to deliver internet service. The method of delivery will determine the speed and reliability of your internet service.
- What are the various plans offered by Comcast?
- Ask which plan will be best for your needs. Discuss with the representative how you plan to utilize your internet (whether for gaming, business applications, streaming or other uses).
- Does Comcast have data caps? Do they penalize customers for going over data caps? Does the internet slow down from high speed to low speed when data caps have been reached?
- What current deals is Comcast offering? Utilizing these deals can save you a large amount of money in the first year with Comcast.
- How do they guarantee the internet speeds you get are the same as the advertised speeds? Do they compensate customers when speeds are consistently lower than what they have been paying for?
- Does Comcast waive equipment and installation fees for any reason? What are the equipment and installation fees? Are installation fees due at the time of set up, or can they be spread out over monthly payments?
- Do you have to use Comcast equipment or can you use your own modem and router?
- What service bundles does Comcast offer and how can these bundles benefit your home or business?
- What are the conditions of any contracts, or do they require a contract? If you do have to enter a contract, what are the penalties for early termination? Are there any circumstances where early termination fees may be waived?
- Does Comcast utilizer their own technicians for installations or do they utilize subcontractors? How can they guarantee equipment is up to date if they use subcontractors?
Avoid stress and surprises down the road by asking these questions when you contact Comcast customer service. You can find their contact information here to get started with your internet connection.
Help from Real People
We partner with a US-based company with live tech support experts available 24/7. Take advantage of a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with an expert now.Chat With A Help Expert
Why Did GetHuman Write "What Questions Should I Ask Comcast When Shopping for an Internet Provider?"?
After thousands of Comcast customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together What Questions Should I Ask Comcast When Shopping for an Internet Provider? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Comcast if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Comcast Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Comcast in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our What Questions Should I Ask Comcast When Shopping for an Internet Provider? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Speak to An Expert Now
We partner with a US-based expert help site to provide you with tech support 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with a live expert now.Get Live Expert Help
Asked a month ago
Updated a month ago
Viewed 7,828 times
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
It's saying my services is temporary disconnected, because of lack of payment, but my p...
I need to make a payment arrangement
My new address ** *th street east apt *** st paul mn *****
Rep never showed up. I need to get turned on remotely, all ready to go previous owner a...
I received my xFi Gateway, but my house has never had cable set up.