Whether you intend to move, upgrade or cancel your service, you may need to return your Comcast equipment. Follow these steps to return your equipment to Comcast.
Starting Your Return Online
If you have a profile, you can initiate a return online.
1. Sign in to the website and open the 'Equipment Return' page
2. Check off the items that you wish to return. Always confirm that the serial number on your device. If you wish to return a TV Box, click 'Identify Device'
3. Click 'Continue'
4. Choose a reason for return
5. Click 'Continue'
Using a Prepaid UPS Shipping Label
1. Follow the instructions on the Xfinity website and confirm the equipment you wish to return
2. Select 'UPS Prepaid Shipping' and a shipping label will be made for you
3. Click on 'Print Shipping Label'
4. Pack the equipment you want to return in its original box
5. Attach the prepaid shipping label on the packaging box. Ensure that it is visible
6. Drop it off anywhere that accepts UPS shipments
7. The return may take up to two weeks to reflect on your account
At Your Local UPS Store
1. Find a UPS store that is near you
2. Bring the equipment to the store. A representative will help you pack and ship the equipment to Comcast. Another option is to package the equipment yourself. Use a cardboard box and a prepaid UPS shipping label
3. If a representative helps you package the equipment, they will give you a receipt with a tracking number. Use the tracking number to keep track of your return. You may also use the tracking number on your return label
4. The return may process in two weeks or less
5. Once your equipment is received, you will receive a confirmation email
Visit a Comcast Service Center
If you live close to a Comcast Service Center, you may visit them to return your equipment. Follow these steps to complete the process;
1. Find a center that is close to your area
2. Visit it and drop off your equipment
3. The equipment will be removed from your account immediately
4. You will receive a receipt with the return details
You may contact Comcast if you have any questions about your equipment and how to return them. There are plenty of ways to reach them.
The best way to contact Comcast is on the phone. When you are connected with customer care agents, explain the problem you are experiencing and the help you are hoping to get. Comcast customer care agents are courteous and knowledgeable. They will give you help fast. Alternatively, you may speak with an agent on live chat.
If you don't wish to speak with an agent, you may ask for help on Twitter. Asking for help in public means you can get from other users. The support agents will respond fast. They may also ask you to contact them on the phone.
The Comcast help desk may be helpful as well. For most Comcast customers, it is the first support option. It has lots of help pages that answer some of the most common questions.
After thousands of Comcast customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together Where Do I Return My Comcast Equipment To? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Comcast if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Comcast in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our Where Do I Return My Comcast Equipment To? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Want to talk to a real person right now who can compare TV, Internet, or phone packages in your area from different companies? Our service tracks the best deals from the various providers in your home area.Call Free: 888-379-2546Our service is unaffiliated and thus can compare plans across many providers