Does Consumer Cellular Have the Best Customer Satisfaction for Cellphone Service?
This article outlines the pros and cons of Consumer Cellular, giving details about what customers liked and didn't like. The article provides two hyperlinks to reach Consumer Cellular customer service via gethuman.com as well.
Consumer Cellular is one of the smaller cellphone providers in the United States, but if you are thinking of switching to them, you may be wondering if Consumer Cellular has the best customer service satisfaction reviews for cellphone service. Keeping reading to get a run-down of how Consumer Cellular measures up to other providers. You can also contact customer service here for more information on what they have to offer.
What Customers Like
Consumer Cellular has a number of features that customers love. Those features include:
- No Contract: One of the biggest selling features is a no-contract plan that doesn't lock you into one or two year commitments.
- Affordability: Plans are affordable, starting as low as $15 a month for a straightforward plan with 250 minutes of talk. For just $5 more a month, you can get an unlimited plan. Connect plans can give you up to 25 GB of data for $40. Therefore, with the highest level of talk, text and connect, you will only pay $60 a month.
- Texting: Unlimited texting on all plans.
- Coverage Area: Since Consumer Cellular is a major provider, coverage is good in most areas nationwide.
- Devices: Consumer Cellular offers a number of device options including Android and iPhone devices. Consumer Cellular also gives you the option of bringing your own device, you just need to make sure it is unlocked and can take the Consumer Cellular SIM card.
- Payments: Consumer Cellular lets you pay monthly payments for more expensive devices such as iPhones and Android devices. Payments are also interest free and the device can be paid off early with no penalties.
- App: Consumer cellular has a mobile app that allows you to do the following:
- View data and talk usages and balances.
- Change how you receive your bill.
- Switch your monthly plan.
- Sign up for paperless billing.
- Pay your bill over the app.
- Live chat with customer service.
- If you are an AARP member, you can view your membership from the app.
- Risk Free Trial: Consumer Cellular wants to make sure you are 100% satisfied with your service, so they offer a 30 day trial period. If any time in that 30 day period you aren't satisfied, you can request a full refund.
What Customers Don't Like
While there are a number of pros, there are some features customers don't like about Consumer Cellular. The cons are listed below:
- Data Caps: Data is limited on Consumer Cellular plans; therefore, it is not a good option for those customers who wish to do streaming or gaming on their phones.
- Additional Lines: Consumer Cellular doesn't offer family plans. Each new line is an additional $15 per line.
- Roaming: Consumer Cellular does cap roaming and when the roaming cap has been reached, the phone can be disabled for the remainder of the billing cycle.
- Customer Service: The biggest complaint customers have is unreliable or poor customer service with customers being passed from person to person to resolve issues
Overall, Consumer Cellular has a fairly good customer service satisfaction rating for those who are looking for a simple, no frills plan. However, for plans with greater capabilities, customers did not give it a great rating. Consumer Cellular ranked about average with other cellphone providers. For more information, contact customer service here.
Why Did GetHuman Write "Does Consumer Cellular Have the Best Customer Satisfaction for Cellphone Service?"?
After thousands of Consumer Cellular customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together Does Consumer Cellular Have the Best Customer Satisfaction for Cellphone Service? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Consumer Cellular if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for Consumer Cellular Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Consumer Cellular in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our Does Consumer Cellular Have the Best Customer Satisfaction for Cellphone Service? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.