It always seems to happen at the worst times. You're watching your favorite show on cable and just when the best part is coming up your service goes out. There are many reasons why this would happen. It could be the result of a cyber attack, censorship, or even a storm or disaster. However, before reporting a Cox Communications service outage, make sure it's an actual outage and not something on your end.
Things to Check for during a Cox Communication Service Outage
When someone loses a connection, the first thought that comes to mind is there is a power outage, when it could be a number of things that have to do with your connection only. To make sure it's an actual outage and not just something going on with your connection follow the steps below.
1. First, for televisions, make sure you're in the right settings and your channel is set to the right input. For example, if your TV is set up to run on HDMI, Cable 1, Cable2, etc. make sure it is set to that setting and tuned to the channel you have it set for.
2. Check the plugs and wires going in and out of your system to make sure everything is plugged in and connected properly. A wire that's not pushed in all the way can cause you to lose your connection or a loose plug that's not plugged in enough to make a connection. In addition, make sure that a fuse didn't blow.
3. If all the plugs are inserted properly, try restarting your device whether it's a TV or computer. In some computer cases, a website you visited or even a specific program you used will change your configuration settings and knock things out of whack. However, it's nothing that can't be fixed with a simple restart since this will put most things back to where they originally were.
4. In the case that you restarted your system and your services are still not connecting to the system network, for a computer, check your proxy settings. To do this, start Internet Explorer and from the Tools menu, click on "Internet options". Next, click on "connections" then "Lan settings". Check the box that says, "Automatically detect settings", click "ok", and try to access the Internet.
5. If it still isn't working, check your bill and make sure everything is paid up to date. You may have forgotten to pay it or thought it was due at a later time.
6. The bill is paid up to date, you restarted your device, and made sure everything is connected properly now what? Now it's time to contact Cox since there may be an outage in the area.
How to Report a Cox Communications Service Outage
While Cox Communications used to have a forum in the support area set up to declare outages, it is no longer available, and some claim they couldn't find out how to report an outage anyway through that forum. Currently, there is no official site set up online that you can go on to report a Cox Communications service outage. The only way to report an outage to the company would be to call or email them. Representatives usually check the support email at least every hour, unless they are extremely busy, then you can expect them to check it at least within two hours.
Using GetHuman to get through to Cox Communication for a Service Outage
Your best option and the fastest way to report a Cox Communication service failure is to go through Gethuman. Here you will find numerous resources that can help you contact Cox more quickly.
After thousands of Cox Communications customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Report a Cox Communications Service Outage? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Cox Communications if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Cox Communications in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Report a Cox Communications Service Outage? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.