Craigslist is one of the most popular tools for finding jobs and posting stuff. The simplicity of its algorithm makes it easy to make millions of transaction. It can, therefore, be frustrating when your postings don't show up. There are plenty of reasons why your posting may not be showing. They include the following;
Posting Free Ads
Even though free ads on Craigslist can be very effective, the site does not want you to post them. If they allowed everyone to post all their ads, the site would soon be filled with commercial ads. If Craigslist bots find something that they do not like on your ad, it won't show up. Another reason why your ad may not show up is if you post too many ads too fast.
Posting Similar Ads
If the ad you post appears too similar to the one you posted earlier, it may not show up. If you want to post a new ad, try to make different from the previous one. You should also consider changing the IP address often. Being blocked for posting similar ads is known as being green ghosted. Some factors may cause you to be green ghosted include;
1. Posting too often with the same IP
2. Using the same title
3. Using the same ad body
4. Using the same email address too many times
5. Using image ads in categories that are disallowed
6. Using public proxies
If you still cannot understand why your postings do not show up, consider the following;
1. If you made a post without logging in to an account, you will receive a link in your email. Use the link to complete the login.
2. Postings expire at some point. Paid postings usually expire in 30 days while free postings expire in seven to 45 days.
4. In your search, you may be using a password that does not appear in the actual post
5. Posts appear in chronological order. When searching, ensure that you look under the correct time and date.
6. Ensure that you are searching in the right category
7. Refresh or reload your page as index pages and search results are periodically updated.
How to Check If Your Ad Is Ghosted
If you cannot find an ad that you posted, it is probably ghosted. Fortunately, it is possible to check whether your ad is live or ghosted. You can do it by following these steps;
1. Copy your post ID from the bottom of your ad
2. Paste the 10-digit ID in the search box on the exact category of your ad. If you cannot find it, it is definitely ghosted.
Another indication that your ad is ghosted is if you do not receive any feedback for it. For a live ad, you should get responses including phone calls and emails.
Fortunately, it is possible to avoid ghosting on Craigslist in a few simple steps. You can avoid being ghosted for using a blocked IP by taking the following precautions.
1. Avoid posting too many ads at the same time
2. Don't use any auto-posting software
3. Don't post ads from a public place
To avoid ghosting because of issues with your phone number, take the following steps.
1. Ensure that the phone number you are using has not been blocked
2. The phone number in your Craigslist account should be similar to the one in your Craigslist description.
If you still have trouble finding your posts, contact Craigslist support team for help.