There are some people who have had the same phone number for years, while others change their numbers often. Whether it's due to an ex-girlfriend or boyfriend stalking you, telemarketers calling continuously, or others trying to contact the previous phone number owner, you may find it necessary to change your phone number. If you have a plan with Cricket Wireless and want to know how to change your number, this article can help you out.
Changing your phone number with Cricket Wireless is very easy to do, but there are a few things that you should be aware of:
• Your account with Cricket Wireless must be active.
• You cannot change to a toll-free or vanity number.
• If you are a new customer transferring your old phone number to a new Cricket Wireless plan during activation you will not be charged a transfer fee. However, if you already have an established account with Cricket Wireless you will have to pay a $15 number change fee.
• Your phone number will be changed as soon as you request this action to be taken and when it does all of your greetings and voicemails will be removed. Therefore, before putting in a number change request, it is important that you check your current voicemails. Thus, you can always create new greetings after receiving your new number.
• Don't forget to give your new number to your friends since if they call the old number, they will get the following message: "The number you have dialed is not working, please check the number and try your call again."
When you are ready to change your number, contact a customer support agent at Cricket Wireless by clicking here. Fortunately, you can change your number without having to make changes to your existing plan. If you are transferring from another wireless provider where your account is still active and want to keep your current phone number, then you can do so by porting your number as a second line on your account. You can then cancel your current line service once your new line is activated. You will need your wireless account number, the last four digits of your social, any pin, passcode, or password you have for that account, and you're billing zip code for the account as well. You can also keep the device you currently use with this wireless account, but it will first have to be unlocked before you can use it with you're your new Cricket Wireless plan. Moreover, the process of switching over can be completed either online or at any Cricket retail store location. Please note that Cricket Wireless does not allow VOIP number transfers.
After thousands of Cricket Wireless customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Change My Number on Cricket Wireless? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting Cricket Wireless if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like Cricket Wireless in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Change My Number on Cricket Wireless? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.