How do I get DHGate to refund my charge?
If you need a refund from DHGate, sometimes it can be a little tricky. You really need to know exactly what to do. Luckily for you we've laid it all out for you in this guide.
Getting DHGate to refund a charge to your account is a relatively simple process. However, getting a refund from a merchant will depend on your evidence for dispute the charge. You will have to present different types of evidence for the different types of disputes. Only when the seller and DHGate agree to the evidence provided can the dispute be resolved. The manner in which you open a dispute will depend on whether you dispute the charge via PC or the mobile app.
To open a dispute through via a computer:
- Launch your web browser
- Open the DHGate website and log in to your account
- Select "My DHGate" on the top right hand corner of your account's homepage
- Select "My Orders" on the subsequent page
- You should see a "Search My Order" tab with empty fields below it. Enter your order number. If the order status is "Item being processed," click the "Request Refund" tab at the bottom right part of the page. If the order status is "Pending Delivery Confirmation," click the "Open a Dispute" tab. If the order status is "Buyer Accepted Goods/Payment Released," select the "Open an After-sale Dispute" tab.
It is crucial to note that you can only open a dispute through DHGate's app if the order status is "Pending Delivery Confirmation" which is done by the following steps:
- Open the DHGate app in your mobile device
- Click "Account" on the bottom right corner of your account page
- Select "My Orders"
- If the order status is "Pending Delivery Confirmation" you should see a "Return and Refund" tab. Click it to open a dispute and get a refund for an unwarranted charge
Getting a refund on DHGate depends on the nature of dispute that you will be opening. As stated earlier, you will have to present evidence for your dispute. The following are the types of evidence you will be required to produce depending on the nature of the dispute:
If your dispute involves receiving counterfeit goods, you will have to submit vivid photos of the received goods consisting of a comparison between the genuine and counterfeit items. You will also be required to provide the official inspection statement from the brand owner.
If your order is missing some items or the package was completely empty you will have to provide:
- Package quantity and pictures of the package showing products received and package weight
- Tracking number of the package
- Name and quantity of each item in the package
- A picture of the outer package proving that it was damaged or unsealed or damaged when it arrived. An unpacking video of the package is highly recommended.
Item not as described
If the item you ordered is different from the item that was delivered, then you will have to provide pictures of the complete product and close up pictures of the defective parts. If the entire item is different, submit comparative pictures of the received and delivered items.
If the item you ordered arrives but falls short in quality, you should submit a video proving the item's deficiencies in quality.
You may order a package from DHGate by mistake. You may order it but subsequently find better prices elsewhere on you may no longer need the product. In this case the only way to get a refund is communicate with the seller who can agree or refuse to refund you.
If the above measures fail, you can contact DHGate's customer service through their live chat option or their online Help Desk. Otherwise, these tips will help you get DHGate to refund your charge.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How do I get DHGate to refund my charge?"?
After thousands of DHGate.com customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How do I get DHGate to refund my charge? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting DHGate.com if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for DHGate.com Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like DHGate.com in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How do I get DHGate to refund my charge? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.