Every order made through DHGate has a promised delivery date set by the merchant. If you do not receive the package within the stipulated delivery date, you should open a dispute with DHGate with the reason 'Item Not Received.' Opening a dispute in such a case will depend on the delivery's shipping status. The shipping status can either be 'In Transit' or 'Items detained by Customs.'
If your package is described as 'still on the way to the delivery address,' the first thing that you should do is try and contact the merchant from whom you bought your goods and try to arrive at a solution. In most cases, the seller will track the shipment and if it is indeed lost will resend the package. In some cases, they may refund you the full amount or a partial amount of the package. You open a dispute on your computer through the following process:
1. Launch your web browser
2. Open the DHGate website and log in to your account
3. Select "My DHGate" on the top right hand corner of your account's homepage
4. Select "My Orders" on the subsequent page
5. You should see a "Search My Order" tab with empty fields below it. Enter your order number. If the order status is "Item being processed," click the "Request Refund" tab at the bottom right part of the page. If the order status is "Pending Delivery Confirmation," click the "Open a Dispute" tab. If the order status is "Buyer Accepted Goods/Payment Released," select the "Open an After-sale Dispute" tab.
You open a dispute through DHGate's mobile app through the following process:
1. Open the DHGate app in your mobile device
2. Click "Account" on the bottom right corner of your account page
3. Select "My Orders." If the order status is "Pending Delivery Confirmation" you should see a "Return and Refund" tab
If the shipping status of your package is 'Items detained by customs,' the buyer should provide a copy or photo of the customs letter confirming the delay. Based on the reasons for customs detaining the items, you can solve the issue yourself or open a dispute with the merchant using the process above.
However, if your delivery is missing and the seller does not take responsibility, you will have to contact DHGate and they will act as mediator between you and the seller. You can contact DHGate to let them know about a missing delivery using the following channels:
DHGate's live chat option is the best way to contact the company directly because they do not have a phone number. The online chat is fast and reliable. You only have to wait for a minute for a customer care agent to answer. The live chat is available on Monday to Friday beginning from 9am to 5pm E.S.T. clearly describe your missing delivery to the customer care agent and diligently follow the instructions given. The link to DHGate's live chat can be acquired from GetHuman.
Online companies have to maintain an active social media presence to be competitive and DHGate is no exception. You can let DHGate know about a missing delivery through any of their social media pages predominantly Facebook and Twitter. You should only try and contact DHGate in this manner if you are unable to reach them through a live chat. You can write a post on their Facebook page or send them a direct message. You can also send them a tweet on Twitter or message them directly.
DHGate also has an online help desk where you can file a complaint with the company about a missing delivery. It takes an average of 19 hours for the missing delivery problem to be fixed if you use this avenue to contact DHGate. The DHGate help desk is an option of last resort. The link to the help desk can be obtained from GetHuman.