How Do I Change My Shipping Information or Address with Dhl?
The article outlines the steps a consumer can make to change the delivery address for a DHL delivery. It provides step-by-step instructions on how to make the changes online. The article also discusses the need for a Letter of Authorization for packages already in transit, and it discusses how DHL contacts either the recipient or the sender to avoid misdirected packages.
DHL is a leader in international package delivery based out of Bonn, Germany. DHL delivers over 1.5 billion pieces a year to countries around the globe. When sending a package through DHL, you want to make sure you have the correct shipping address. How do you change shipping information or address? You can contact customer service here and keep reading for steps on how to change your DHL delivery address.
Updating Information Online
- Log into your account on DHL EasyShop.
- Click on "My Address Book."
- Click "edit" when your address book opens.
- Enter the new delivery address.
- Check your email for a notification from DHL to validate the new delivery address.
- Click the link in the email.
- This will change the information to the new address and all future deliveries will default to that address.
Points to Consider:
- If you need to change the delivery address on your DHL shipment, you can only change it if the incorrect and correct addresses fall under the same DHL delivery service provider. Sometimes DHL uses third-party couriers for deliveries, so the addresses must meet the above requirement. If the package shows it is in transit when you look up the tracking information, DHL requires the sender to submit a Letter of Authorization outlining the reason for the change. While this will cause a delay of up to 48 hours in the delivery time, it will ensure the package reaches the correct recipient.
- DHL will also contact the recipient when they pick up a parcel to verify the address, they have is the correct one. If DHL is unable to reach the intended recipient, it will reach back out to the sender to double-check the address and verify it is correct.
- When a Letter of Authorization has been completed, the package has a trace placed on it so DHL can find out where it is currently in the shipping process. DHL provides very rapid international shipping, so it is very important to submit the Letter of Authorization as soon as possible to avoid additional delays or misdelivered packages.
- Once a package has been dispatched, DHL does not allow a change of delivery address in the customer's account portal. It must be made using the Letter of Authorization method.
When shipping with DHL, you do have options to change the delivery address in the event that you mislabeled the package. For more information, contact DHL customer service here.
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Change My Shipping Information or Address with Dhl?"?
After thousands of DHL customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Change My Shipping Information or Address with Dhl? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting DHL if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for DHL Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like DHL in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Change My Shipping Information or Address with Dhl? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.