How Can I Get out of Paying My Dish Bill?
DISH is an Indian company that provides direct to home TV services. It is a part of Zee Entertainment Enterprises and offers customers portable satellite services. Anyone using the multi-TV network can watch 4K content and play multiple sports games with ease. Plus, you have access to streaming channels like Netflix and YouTube.
DISH offers customers 4 different packages to suit their every viewing preference. Customers can also create a fully customized TV programming package. You can watch TV shows on the go straight from your smartphone and catch up with the latest content or manage your DVR recordings and library.
How to Get out of Paying My Dish Bill?
If you are truly determined to get out of your DISH contract, then you have to clearly inform them of your intention and stick to your resolution. Contact DISH customer support using their toll-free number at the last moment once you have devised your plan. Remember, companies will do everything to retain their customers, and that means not give you an easy way out.
1. Find your account information - keep the account information closeby and your original customer agreement. Make the call and take notes on the instructions on how to return DISH equipment.
2. Read the fine print - if it's an early termination, ensure you understand the payable fee. Usually, its $20 per month remaining on the contract. To get out of the fee, you must demonstrate a clear breach of contract such as shoddy service or unreasonable outages. You have to be persistent as the fine print is usually very good. If you are nearing the end of the contract, it's probably best to wait for it to expire before you cancel.
3. Contact DISH customer support line - choose Spanish or English language then continue. Follow the prompts until you reach the correct department.
4. State your reasons - be clear when you state your reasons. Expect the customer support agent to try to convince you with other offers that save you money. Put your foot down and stick to the script without relenting. Remember, they earn commissions for every cancellation they prevent.
5. Return the DISH equipment - confirm that the support team is sending an equipment return box before you hang up. It takes a couple of days for the equipment box return, and you have 10 days from your cancellation date to return their equipment. Keep a close eye on the dates. If, after 5 or 6 days, you still haven't seen the box call them back and ensure its coming soon.
6. Box the equipment carefully and send them back - the box has several compartments like instructions, packing materials, a list of return items, and prepaid return postage label. Ensure nothing is damaged. Ensure the label is n the outside before sending the box via UPS or the listed delivery service.
7. Examine your DISH account statement - this is to ensure there are no penalties or surprises posted to the account for breakages or late returns. Check if the termination fee matches the expected amount.
Is There a Refund If I Cancel My Dish Bill?
If you cancel the service after 6 months of activation, you don't get a refund as the purchase price is fully earned. You must return DISH equipment upon cancellation. The company will give you a list of items to return.
After thousands of DISH customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Can I Get Out of Paying My Dish Bill? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting DISH if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like DISH in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Can I Get Out of Paying My Dish Bill? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
We created a free, impartial concierge you can speak to right now that can compare TV, cable, phone, and Internet deals in your area. Are you already getting the best deal? Call now and talk to a real, live person who can tell you what promotions you are missing out on.Call Free Anytime: 888-379-2546Our service is unaffiliated and thus can compare plans across many providers