There are plenty of reasons to set up the DTE Energy service. The Ebill Paperless Billing makes it easy to manage your monthly bills. You will receive an email reminder every time your bill is ready for viewing. You no longer have to put up with the inconvenience of snail mail. You also get important information such as your average daily use and the amount due. DTE Energy allows you to link with helpful programs and energy-saving tips.
If you are moving to a new place, you can set up your DTE Energy service in a few simple steps. Follow these steps to start your new service;
1. Prepare the following information before contacting your gas or electric service;
2. Your new service address
3. Date of birth
4. Your state Identification number or driver's license
5. Your old address
6. Your phone number and email address
7. Social Security number
8. Passport number
9. Contact DTE Energy online or on the phone. You may schedule your new service up to 90 days in advance. Follow these steps to start your service
10. Visit the DTE Energy website
11. Click 'residential'
12. Click 'Start/stop service'
13. Register online or sign in
14. Enter the required information
15. Contact DTE 10 to 90 days in advance when you want to set up your natural gas or electric service. If you wait too long to contact them, there may not be enough time to set up service before you move to your new house.
16. If your meter is inside your home or you wish to start a natural gas service, DTE Energy demands that there be an adult for the whole time of the service visit
You may contact DTE Energy to reschedule your service visit if you miss an appointment.
Who Can Register Online?
Current Residential Customers
It is possible to register an account online if you are a current residential customer and you used a Social Security number when setting up your DTE Energy service.
If you are moving your service, you may contact the support team to help create a DTE Energy account and start your service.
Current Business Customers
If you are using a Tax ID, you may contact the support team on the phone to set up your account online.
If You Forgot Your Password
If you do not remember your password, tap on the link 'Problems Signing In?' You will find the link right on the Sign In screen. Enter your email and you will receive a link to reset your password. Use the link as soon as you can as it expires in eight hours. You may request a new link if yours expires.
If You Forgot Your Username
The email address associated with your account is your username. If you don't remember it, you may contact the DTE Energy support team and ask for help.
If you need help from DTE Energy, the best way to contact the support team is on the phone. When you are connected with a support agent, explain the issue you are experiencing and the type of help you hope to receive. If phone support is not appropriate for you, you may speak to an agent on live chat.
The DTE Energy help forum has lots of targeted tips and issue-specific topics that may help you address some of the most common problems. You should seek help from the help desk before trying to contact the support team directly. When seeking support on the help desk, the support agents may direct you to continue the conversation on a different platform.