How Do I Fix a Broken Directv Phone If I Have Insurance?
You do not have to worry about your broken DirecTV phone, especially when you have a DirecTV Protection Plan. You only need to file a claim with the phone's insurance to get your phone fixed. You can easily submit an insurance claim with DirecTV online or on the phone. Remember to give all the required details and any other information that may be helpful to your case.
How Do I Fix a Broken DirecTV Phone if I Have Insurance
A damaged phone is quite stressful, but it is much easier when you have phone insurance. So now, your next question is how you fix a broken DirecTV Phone if you have insurance.
If you have the DirecTV Protection Plan as insurance for your DirecTV phone, you only need to file a claim.
There are two methods of making a DirecTV phone insurance claim. They include;
- Filing online
- Filing on phone
How to Make a DirecTV Phone Claim Online
You have two options when filing your DirecTV phone insurance claim; you can either make a claim on the DirecTV Protection Plan website or from your DirecTV account.
Follow the following steps to file a claim from the website;
- Visit the DirecTV Protection Plan website on your browser.
- Press on the button labeled activates now under the protection plan button.
- It redirects you to a log in page where you have to put in your credentials to access the account.
- You can then file your claim. Remember to give the following details of the damaged phone;
- The phone number
- The type model of the phone
- The issue experienced
- The date and day of failure and the last time you used your phone without issues
- The current condition of the phone
- You can add any other information that you may find necessary and submit.
How Can You File a Claim from Your Account
- Log in to your DirecTV account from the DirecTV App or the DirecTV website
- Click on the My Equipment button on the menu icon. The action redirects you a page with a large button labeled activate now.
- You then have to describe your phone model and the issue that you are experiencing. Give all the details of the circumstances that led to the damaging of the phone. This may include how, when and where the phone got damaged. You should give details of the functions that are failing and those that are working.
How Can You File an Insurance Claim on Phone
On the phone, you can call the DirecTV phone customer care or the DirecTV Protection Plan customer support team. You can also reach them by email.
The representatives will require the following details concerning the broken phone;
- Your full name
- The phone number
- The model of the phone
- The issue you are experiencing with the phone
- The circumstances that led to the damaging of the phone
- The current condition of the phone, whether on or off
- The last date that you used your phone without issues
- How long you have been experiencing the problem with the phone
The representative from DirecTV informs you that they will get back to you and that they may then send a technician to examine your device and the extense of damage to the phone. If repairable, DirecTV customer care arranges for the repair, and the insurance meets the repairing costs.
The DirecTV technicians also offer free technical services that may be the cause of your phone damage, such as virus removal.
If examined and the technician determines that the damage is beyond repair, the DirecTV customer support team arranges on the phone replacement while the insurance meets the costs.
Want help on this from a real person?
GetHuman is proud to partner with a US-based firm that staffs experts and former employees of companies like DirecTV that can chat with you anytime 24/7 and walk you through fixing issues like the one you are facing. While it is not free, the price is reasonable - in the $20-40 range - and sometimes is just easier, less confusing, and more than worth it. Sometimes it's nice to have an expert to help you through a sticky problem.Get Help Now
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Fix a Broken Directv Phone If I Have Insurance?"?
After thousands of DirecTV customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Fix a Broken Directv Phone If I Have Insurance? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting DirecTV if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for DirecTV Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like DirecTV in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Fix a Broken Directv Phone If I Have Insurance? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Live help is available
We partner with a highly reviewed US firm that staff former employees and pros to help with tough customer problems 24/7 for a reasonable fee.Try Paid, Live Help
Asked 2 months ago
Updated a month ago
Viewed 85,880 times
call the DirecTV phone customer care
how you fix a broken DirecTV Phone
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
I lost a $** credit on my account. the cost is now to high. I would like to get the cre...
I canceled my account today. How do I get a return label for my equipment?
my diect tv cut offof picture
I have a Canadian Area Code phone number. I cant call any of your phone numbers for tec...
I would like to have some assistance from DIREC TV, being a long time customer I am sur...