DirecTV is still the go-to service for movies, sports and family programming. If you want to order a movie or a pay-per-view sporting event, DirecTV has three ways that you can use to order. Read on to find out more.
By Internet Connected Receiver
1. Press the Guide button on the DirecTV remote and go to channel 126.
2. Use the remote to scroll down the guide to view the newest releases.
3. Choose the Pay-per-view title, you should see a pop-up window asking you to rent the title.
4. Choose the rent option and confirm your purchase.
Through the Pay-Per-View Menu
1. Push the menu button on your DirecTV remote.
2. Highlight and choose Search and Browse. You can choose either Movies or Sports.
3. Select the category and then the title of the program you'd like to watch.
4. Choose Rent and then confirm your purchase.
Call DirecTV customer Service
Call them here and the representative will process your request, then let you know which channel to tune into.
1. If you're unable to order with your remote, you may want to verify your account is paid in full. More often than not, you won't be able to order a movie or sporting event if your account is past due or has been disconnected for non-payment.
2. If your receiver is not responding, try disconnecting the cables and then reconnecting them to reset your receiver. If this doesn't help, please call DirecTV customer service.
3. If the connection is spotty through the receiver, you may want to check the internet speed.
4. If your payment is rejected, please check to verify the card on file hasn't expired and then try again. If it has, you may need to switch to a new card, new bank account or have it added to your DirecTV statement.
After thousands of DirecTV customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Order a Movie from Directv? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting DirecTV if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like DirecTV in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Order a Movie from Directv? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
After helping consumers for 10 years, we realized that you need an impartial, live person you can talk to about comparing the various TV, cable, Internet and phone plans in your area- somebody who can compare the best deals across telecom providers. So we created a free concierge service you can call at the phone number below.Call Anytime: 888-379-2546Our concierge is unaffiliated and therefore able to compare deals across many companies