How Do I Report a Problem with My Directv Wireless / Mobile Phone?
Even during after the merger of AT&T and DirecTv, both subsidiaries operate normally with DirecTv managing the satellite broadcasting and AT&T handling everything else. So if you're having issues with your cell phone, getting in touch with AT&T makes sense. Just log into your account to find solutions for common technical issues or utilize the forums. For issues about your bill or account, reach out to customer service.
If you're like most people, AT&T and DirecTv names have been interchangeable since their merger back in 2015. Rest assured that no much has truly changed, the only major difference is that if you move, you can bundle more services together in one phone call. AT&T is still responsible for the communications aspect from internet to phone and TV. DirecTv still oversees the satellite broadcast and installations. Chances are if you have questions about your DirecTv mobile phone service, you need to contact AT&T to resolve it. Read on to learn more about what mobile phone plans are offered and what to do in case there's a problem.
Your Mobile Phone Plan Type
AT&T offers two types of mobile phone service, prepaid non-contract and the wireless mobile phone that has a contract. Also, AT&T suggests that you log into your account in order to receive more customized solutions based on your device and plan.
For Contract Phones
- Go to https://www.att.com/support/ and select the wireless option under the wireless section. It's this section where you can also find information on troubleshooting prepaid devices.
- Like the help pages of other services AT&T has, you will find a community forum, videos, and an option to browse all topics or to see the top solutions.
- You can also choose to troubleshoot based on your device, Here you select the maker and approximate model type of your device and AT&T will show you results that might be possible solutions.
- If you get stuck or just have questions, clicking on the Contact Us tab will take you to the contact options; chat, social media or phone.
- There's not a Technical Support for Mobile, but if you're having issues with your account or bill, you can reach out to AT&T Wireless Customer Service Monday - Friday, from 7 A.M. until 9 P.M. CT and Saturday – Sunday from 8 A.M. until 9 P.M. CT
For Prepaid Phones
- Go to https://www.att.com/support/ and click on the Prepaid option under the Wireless section, or go here https://www.att.com/help/prepaid/
- The layout is a bit different than it is in other help pages, but you would still find community forums and advice on fixing common problems that happen with prepaid devices.
- You can also manage your account here, from setting up voicemail to changing your PIN to paying your bill. You can also replace your device if it's broken or lost or stolen.
- Getting in touch with AT&T Prepaid customer service is a bit unique, when you're on your prepaid phone, you can call 611 and be connected. But if you're on a different phone that is not an AT&T Prepaid one, you would need to dial 1-800-901-9878.
Help from Real People
We partner with a US-based company with live tech support experts available 24/7. Take advantage of a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with an expert now.Chat With A Help Expert
Why Did GetHuman Write "How Do I Report a Problem with My Directv Wireless / Mobile Phone?"?
After thousands of DirecTV customers came to GetHuman in search of an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish instructions. So we put together How Do I Report a Problem with My Directv Wireless / Mobile Phone? to try to help. It takes time to get through these steps according to other users, including time spent working through each step and contacting DirecTV if necessary. Best of luck and please let us know if you successfully resolve your issue with guidance from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for DirecTV Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over 10 years on sourcing information about big organizations like DirecTV in order to help customers resolve customer service issues faster. We started with contact information and fastest ways to reach a human at big companies. Particularly ones with slow or complicated IVR or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-serve help forums instead of a customer service department. From there, we realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving the most common problems, so we expanded to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you spot any issues with our How Do I Report a Problem with My Directv Wireless / Mobile Phone? guide, please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you appreciated this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools is powered by you, the customer. The more people that use it, the better it gets.
Speak to An Expert Now
We partner with a US-based expert help site to provide you with tech support 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and chat with a live expert now.Get Live Expert Help
Asked a month ago
Updated a month ago
Viewed 72,349 times
What customers are saying about this and similar problems
Want to cancel my free three months of premium channels
Paid bill in full still no service
Hello. My husband Tom and I just spoke with a lovely CSR name of Shine, who advised us...
I am not a happy customer. First you and channel ** stop my shows because your disagre...
Tech support, box not working in bedroom
Paying Too Much for Cable?
Want to talk to a real person right now who can compare TV, Internet, or phone packages in your area from different companies? Our service tracks the best deals from the various providers in your home area.Call Free: 888-379-2546Our service is unaffiliated and thus can compare plans across many providers